A suggestion for new members.....

BobT-47P15

First of all, :) WELCOME!!!!! to all new members who have joined in on the forum. Always good to have some more thoughts and ideas.

My suggestion (request, whatever) is that you put a little info about yourself and car in the information (profile) section. Especially your home town...as it comes up in the upper right hand corner each time you post. Helps me to remember where you live - and while not always crucial to know, I find it interesting.

Just recently, two fellows have turned up who live close to me here in Joplin, MO. One even works right in town. And, of course, if you know how -- post a picture of your car or cars. If you don't know how, you can ask and various ones of us will be happy to direct you. Once you get the hang of it, it becomes real easy and rather fun. :eek:

The info is not mandatory, just helpful.

Bob, I have to agree with you. I have been fortunate to meet a few of the members here that live close by. They dropped by my shop and it was great getting to know them. Of coarse, I already know a large number of the guys here from the GSL. But it is well worth the time peoviding this info.

Guest mikeys toy

here's a suggestion;

we did this on the toyota forum.......

everybody makes a kinda mini blog; i.e., details about;

1) your real name (last optional)

2) screen name (and maybe how you got it)

3) where you live

4) what you drive

5) pics, if possible

Guest mikeys toy

like this;

1) michael

2) mikeys toy (so named after a '71 toyota corolla coupe that i put "mikeys toy" on the rear end)

3) Alva, Oklahoma (NO i am NOT an okie, just trapped here until my wife gets her master's)

4) check my signature.....the relevant one is the '53 cranbrook

5) http://www.cardomain.com/id/mikeystoy

(can't post pic, too big)

I see your 53 and my 54 share the same affliction..surface rust...I washed the deck lid one eveing with acid..looked like new paint at 5 foot...amazing what a bit phosphoric and scuffy pad will do...it is in prep for paint..got the roof all prepped..the hood and front fender tops will be most time comsuming..car is solid though..no holes..know wehre one of these 53's with an OD is sitting right now..guy wans too much for it..1200.00...supposed to be a runner but I did not ask to hear it run as I was more or less just along with another person looking at another car when we saw this one...