Fulton Sunvisor

55 Fargo

Hi all, I was recently given a Fulton Sunvisor from a friend.

I had written on it 1949/50 Ford, this visor is adjustable, will it fit on my 47 Chrysler, do yall think.

I have held it in place, it looks not bad, but the back end of the visor, does not follow the roofline exactly on my car, is that typical, a so-so fit, or do I need to mod this thing to fit tight to the roof line of the front of the car, just above the windshield.................Fred

The pics Bob showed are good examples. There is a site on the web where a guy sells visor parts and instructions. You can get some good info there. Also, someone on this forum (my God, Alzheimers is getting me) also has instructions in PDF format (is that you Greg?). I know I bought some new reproduction Fulton bolts. They're great because they are stainless steel and won't rust on you.

Maybe a little less......hard to tell. Have lots of fun with folks looking at

the deflector and commenting, though. You just need to try one and

see what you think. Can't hurt.:)

Son-in-law got me this red one for Christmas, along with the mudflaps

and wolf whistle. (Of course I now need to purchase red plastic breezies

for the wing windows to match it.)

100_9309.jpg

Fred,

The Fulton is a universal after market item. You only need to adjust the width to make it fit your Chrysler. As for the instructions, David Maxwell put the link to the instructions on my site to install it with.

However, this is one thing that can happen to the Fulton visor when you drive at about 50 to 55 MPH on a two lane road and a semi truck is doing about the same speed the opposite way. The suction can turn your Fulton visor into a nice reefer instead of a visor.:) This was on my coupe. After that happened I removed it and sold it.

The center brace that goes to the center bar on the winshield has to be super tight, and enough room between the visor and the car roof to let the air out. I have one on my 46 coupe and have wondered some times when a truck goes by.

I have the stock visor on my stock Model A, when I get to 45 or 50 mph I can see it bow out and up, but the air can't get out. You will see on Model A street rod they will louver them so the air can get out.

The center brace that goes to the center bar on the winshield has to be super tight, and enough room between the visor and the car roof to let the air out. I have one on my 46 coupe and have wondered some times when a truck goes by.

I have the stock visor on my stock Model A, when I get to 45 or 50 mph I can see it bow out and up, but the air can't get out. You will see on Model A street rod they will louver them so the air can get out.

Well.............mine had lots of room between the roof of the car and the center bar brace was on nice and tight. It had been on the car for at least 6 or 7 years when it blew up like that. Just takes the right conditions and it'll pop off. Only damage to the car was a knick in the center bar and bent the visor. Luckily even though it really banged on top of the roof when it blew up, it didn't dent or scratch the roof of the car.

I liked the looks when it was on the car. However, now after it being off for a couple of years I think I like the cars better without them.