MC Question

Allan Faust

Hi,

I just got my new MC in today, however, there is no pin on the bottom end. I still have all the parts from my old MC, but what would I need to do to make sure that the pin I have works well with the new MC.... the pin is in rough shape.... or is there somewhere where I can get a replacement. I'll try and post pics of the items in question....

Allan

Alan, others may have different ideas but I would clean up the old pushrod on a wire wheel and use it. Also while it's out, soak in cutting oil, put in a vise and work that adjuster until it's loose. And measure the current length of the pushrod before you mess with the adjuster. All things considered it won't be in an area shared with brake fluid and as long as it makes a reasonably good seal where it passes thru the dust boot, it will be functionally sound. Just my $.02

Hoping someone else here knows for sure, but I think that's just the remains of the old dust boot where it sealed onto the pushrod. The new boot on the MC should fit there in that groove..

A wire wheel can really renew those rusted areas cosmetically. If you get into it and feel it's too corroded to work structurally, I'm sure someone will have a pushrod in the parts pile. I have a whole set of 50 pedal mechanisms in the shed somewhere.