What are these???

thedahmer

I've seen a similar product, mounted to the wing windows, to deflect the air, so you could open the wing without direct air coming in, maybe for a smoker so you could ash out the wing?, without getting cold air in the car, now why there would be 4 of em i don't know.

My 55 buick had somthing similar but they were sort of a green plexiglass looking stuff. I tossed em, they were ugly.

Ok pulled some old photos of the buick, they were not on the wing windows, they were mounted to the front pillar of the door, they were designed to push the air away from the window, similar to the plastic ones you can buy at autozone and stick to your window frame, i assume there are 4, for a four door.

And, of course, those breezies come in assorted colors in plastic. Ones in previous post are stainless.....that's what i have.

3300589269938080_0.jpg

Then there are the headlight visors with jewel.

3300585796328080_0.jpg

Or plastic headlight visors.

3300589296088080_0.jpg

Or the chrome half moons for the top part of your headlights.

3300573288608080_1.jpg

If memory serves me right they go on the outside lower front edge of the vent window so that when you opened the vent window to the fatherest point the rear edge would go it directed the air down toward the floor of the car instead of in your face. The front edge of the vent window pulls back to face the driver with the rear edge now in the foward position allowing the maximun amount of air to enter the car depending on the foward speed. The wind deflectors channeled the flow toward the floor of the car instead of the drivers face. For people too young or rich to remember travelling across the great southwest in the summertime without air conditioning this was the way you cooled the car. Both front vent windows in the full open position and both rear vent windows in the full trail mode with all other windows up.

James, You might be right. I recall, many years ago, cars with something like these that allowed the vent wing to open and limit the air flow at the bottom. Air would rush in without them or would be controlable with them. Haven't thought of them in decades. Many decades. But, I still wonder what they are if that is not what they are for? Someone should buy them, that has the right car, just to solve the mystery.