A tornado in London....

BobT-47P15

Thanks for thinking of us, Bob.

Twisters are VERY rare over here. It's amazing that this one was so strong.

100 houses damaged and six people injured.

It was only a couple of miles from us but, fortunately, no problems nearer our home.

Quite close to the London base of Chet's business, so he may know people affected.

Charlie..did you finally arrive at the direction you intend to go on your 'burb...?

I ordered all new glass for my 'burb couple weeks ago...not in yet..will be regular glass for the windshield but the rest is oven tempered like todays sideglass..all will be green tinted..as the car willl be green thought that may be a nice touch..

Tim, I suspect that as long as I have my car apart my plans will be in flux.......I am once again riding the fence over keeping the flathead or going with the slant/6 as planned. I found yet another automatic adapter which is fueling the return to the flathead side of the aisle. I've built four engines this year and have enjoyed the process so much I will most likely keep mine in my wagon as Walter intended. Steering is up in the air till my Christmas vacation and time is available to sort out rack-n-pinion over original. My glass will also go green, it brings back good childhood memories. My car will be Peruvian Tan with Ivory insert around the windows and on the visor.

I can't say about Charlie but Tim must have the most understanding wife in the whole world. She knows that her man needs his toys are else he will be grumpy when she needs all the absolute requirements for the home, 3 sets of flat ware, 4 sets of drinking glasses, at least three sets of sixteen of everything that goes on the table plus napkins for every occasion. Not to mention enough good towels and wash rags for company of twenty for a month. My wife does not understand that a man needs to spend money on his toys. It is ok to have toys but not to spend money on them.

Thank you James..the wife does indulge my shop and hobbies..she knows where I am..and she also knows that these are investments that will pays us back in the long run...as I do not nor can anyone really do this stuff and claim his labor...it is a losing proposition that route...but it beats sitting around on the couch watching TV..I do not have surround sound, I do not have wide screen TV ..I do not have Hi-Def...I do not have premimum channels..but I do have over 400 movies so finding something to watch is never a prob...I have some here I have never seen yet...

I guess it all boils down to whatever one is happy doing..my bud has the best of everything TV and is happy as a clam..he cannot see how ANYONE would want to buy an old car much less WORK on it...we do swap movies back and forth though...see twice for half the price...and DVD's at 3.00 a pop is cheaper than rental...buy them at the pawn shop..view them for less than the rental..keep them forever..never worry about a late fee...

Charlie..let me know which route you go...I am busy tring to get a car on the road for the kid..my parts came in tonight so I go the freeze plugs in and the manifold and header back on...got to pick up a bit of 1/2 heater hose next..do the brakes and the clutch master/slave..this OD is supposed to engage electrically with full throttle applied..this will be a trip...put the hard top on for winter...

Lucky guys. The older you get the more you appreciate what makes a really good woman.

And Robin, glad to hear the tornado missed you. So strange to think of a tornado in your neck of the woods. Where I live, we get minor little twisters in the deserts and dry lakes, but they are more for amusement than anything else. At El Mirage Dry lake I watched one of these skip towards the pit area and come down on one guy's sun shelter and just picked up shelter, lawn chairs, whatever, and delivered them on top of his neighbor's pits:D :D :D