Of good news, bad news, a gift and a rant!!

Allan Faust

What a range of emotions.... well, first the rant and the bad news.... nothing yet on the job front.... lots of tries, buncha nos, nothing really solid yet.... this lockout and the situation is really getting to me.....

On the gift and good news side, I recieved a nice little gift the other day.... my own portable soda/sand blaster... switch the nozzle and good ol non panel warping paint removing soda blasting going to be done this summer probably.... one more switch and in 15 minutes I'm back to sand for the tougher stuff.....

More good news, a small expected tax return, turned into a much bigger tax return, and after a small discussion with my wife, the extra turned into paying for my motor machining work, which means I'll be getting my motor back soon with newly bored cylinders, a flatter deck and head, new pistons, wrist pins bushings and rings, new valves (adjusted etc) water tube removed, totally cleaned, degunked, blasted block, head, etc.... yippee.... now that really takes the downer and turns it into an upper.....

Allan

Norm,

Its a long lockout, but its also a strange situation.... being a pattern bargaining area, the lockout pay is real good... not what I was earning while working, but enough that the bills get paid.... because of the situation here in town, leaving could mean just about losing the house, losing things that the company still owes us, etc.... once you get over that hump (I've been over it for a while), its really a bunch of mind games, because the lockout pay could end at any time, you don't know if its going to close or open at any time, lots of people are applying for jobs everywhere (not easy anywhere) so try to explain a 2 yr "hole" in your resume (although I've been working part time at a lumberyard because I'm allowed to work part time, any 25+ hr job and I lose the lockout pay, and jobs don't rain in a one industry town 2 hrs away from the rest of civilisation... thats civilisation being about 35 000 people). The big problem is the mental area... the whole town is in the dumps (which doesn't help)... so keeping your sanity is the hard part, which makes the good news I mentioned that so much better.

Allan