Got a new what-not for the Plym

BobT-47P15

I printed off a flag picture using the computer, then glued it onto the air filter in lieu of the oval orange tag. Not correct, but I kind of like it. Probably could really be a bit smaller.

100_2453.jpg

The bad news about that flag picture turned out to be......when it rained a few weekends ago and I was driving the old Plym, water went under the hood, got that sign wet, and the colors ran. Looks pretty cruddy now. Will have to remove it and probably put back the orange tag.

You could do it again but this time spray with clear Crylon. It fixes the colors so that they can be handled and water does not affect them. Make sure that you spray the stuff in an open area with no flame source. The paper should be laying flat so that if you spray on a too heavy coat it will not run. They make a sticky back paper for the printer that has a slick sufrace for making stick on signs. They also make a plastic (Mylar) sheet for the printer with a sticky back that would be great for the decals.

I bought a set of the genuine water type decals from Neil Riddle a few years ago. I have kept them and made copies from them on the office color copier, cut them out, and used an Elmer's glue stick to stick them on the air cleaner, coil, oil filler cap and oil filter. They have stayed pretty well.

Can always make more as needed.

Thanks for the tips on the other types of paper to use.

Guest mikeys toy

i drew a picture, took it to kinko's (a self service copy and printing store) and made a color copy

then i cut out the shape, and had it laminated with sticky back laminating film

it's a little cloudy, not bad

price for all this....

2 laser color copies, laminating film = $5

they hold up against the elements really well, too

just remember to cut out your picture on the edge and leave a border so the film seals properly