Dodge Truck Build Cards

Build Record Request Information has been moved on their website, but the mailing address has not changed. What caught my attention was 'proof of ownership', as I have a Spring Special that I am waiting on a valid Texas title. Also, the photographs they are selling...are they of random trucks, the trucks they have in the museum, or for the vehicle that the information is being requested? Cuz that'd be something to see, a photo of yer truck coming right off of the line all those years ago :cool:

Edited by JBNeal

Anyone interested in a no cost breakdown of any Dodge Truck build card can contact me. I will do what I can to break down your specific build codes. Please send a high resolution scan or a good photocopy."

Dear Old Dodge,

Thank you for posting this thread. I am interested in obtaining a build card for my 1951 B3B. I'm not certain what a build card looks like, but by your description it seems like it is a computer punch card that then needs decoding? When you ask for a "high resolution scan or a good photocopy" am I correct in assuming you are referring to this punch card that some people were lucky enough to find somewhere in their vehicle?

If you would please post a picture of a build card and then an example of what information is then gleaned from this card (am I to understand that even an assembly line photo of the truck is possible to obtain). That would be great.

Free is always a good thing but I guess I owe it to my truck to obtain as much original information as I can. If I contact Chrysler LLC Corporate Historical Collection, what exactly will be provided to me?

Thank you very much,

Hank :)

• 3 years later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Three weeks after re-submitting my requests from eight months ago, I received a bigger envelope and was very surprised to see my three request payment checks paper clipped to my letter explaining the quality of the original build cards...welllll allrighty then :cool:

FCAdocs.jpg.160ebe82a0aea7c4806a2eb99baacd6b.jpg

Edited by JBNeal
revised picture
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...

Finding build card info contact info here now: https://mopar.custhelp.com/app/mopar/b2c_detail/a_id/17507/kw/card/session/L3RpbWUvMTUyODU2MDAwOS9zaWQvZlVhdHd4ZF9HJTdFbTN2d0lCbXJhSmElN0VtQkl3OTEwVjFvblJGUGZNS0x4em03MnV0Q1FaJTdFNE9ncjVwcVFIZU9tT3JfSGMzOGlWTVpTXzFuTlZjY21oNnM2amE4WUJndnkxMkhUM0ZWbnlLTmR2am12enFjcnpkV25nJTIxJTIx

Sent an email and a few days later received:

The FCA Archives is happy to be able to provide you with a copy of the build card for your historic vehicle without charge.  However, due to the volume of requests we receive and the modest staff that we have, we are unable to offer the decoding service and copied material that we have in the past.  Please provide us with proof of ownership, i.e. a copy of the title or registration, and your mailing address and we will send you the build card.

Thank you for contacting us and we hope that the build card information is helpful to you.

Danielle Szostak-Viers

Historical Services

CIMS 410-11-21

12501 Chrysler Freeway

Detroit, MI 48288

Edited by FlashBuddy

• 1 year later...

Since FCA moved the Chrysler Museum, the build card service has lost its individual webpage,  tho its contact information is still active, buried amongst various FCA contact information...the webpage had the worksheets to fill out with pertinent information but those are not readily available on the internets as they had been before...I had a few build cards ready to be requested last year when the webpage disappeared about the same time as FCA's announcement of the museum's closure, I reckon I'll try again in a few weeks :cool:

• Like 2