New and Improved Vapor Lock Prevention Tool

Norm's Coupe

I think someone should start selling these on ebay and become a millionaire overnight::D

This is a new and improved vapor lock prevention tool. Designed to fit any make or model car from 1960's and earlier. No one with a car for the model years indicated should leave home without them. Guaranteed to work as advertised or you can return it for a free replacement. Using our guaranteed vapor lock prevention tool in accordance with instructions is better than buying a membership to an auto club for towing. No more towing or service calls when this tool is used. Place your order today for 1 dozen at the low price of $75 plus shipping and never worry about vapor lock again.

800px-Clothespin.jpg

• Like 1

:cool: See this is what happnes when those novice get there hands on an invention they don't understand. I blame "Coatney" You try to keep things a secret and one bad apple. It's a good thing I have not told him about my new invention. This is what happens when someone comes along and floods the market 75.00 for a dozen, I was getting 20.00 each I would be loosing :mad: Oh no, news flash my pins are "made in the USA" with stainless steel clips:D yeah that's it and......oak wood right:D don't fall for cheap imitations:p

You gotta have the correct model of pin......

Can't use this one:

Not good gripping power.

200px-Clothpin.jpg

I don't think this plastic version will work, either.....

200px-Drying_Up.jpg

Apparently, according to an article, you can find this realllly biiig one at 15th & Market Streets in Philadelphia.

clothespin.jpg

SELFEXPLANITORY, They pin clothes.

What are clothes:cool:

Okay, the dumb question, is how does this work,

I am not sure if Rodney knows the real answer but he claimes it is magical voo-doo stuff. One of those family secrets that is passed from father to son.

Norm is this that big winter wood working project we kept hearing about?

Ed;

I think you hit the nail on the head. Norm has been secretly making these in partnership with Rodney who supplied the original voo-doo pattern. I think they are looking to corner the mostly non existant vapor lock elimination market and make a killing. I think they first wanted Boris Karloff but he was not available so they hired second choice Dennis Hemmingway as a promonital director to keep the voo-doo father son thing alive. Just seems there is a big cloud of secrecy around this whole issue:rolleyes:

You gotta have the correct model of pin......

Can't use this one:

Not good gripping power.

200px-Clothpin.jpg

I don't think this plastic version will work, either.....

200px-Drying_Up.jpg

Apparently, according to an article, you can find this realllly biiig one at 15th & Market Streets in Philadelphia.

clothespin.jpg

So I'm sitting outside my headquarters and a guy takes a pic, I knew nothing but bad would come of it.:eek:

Pats and the golden years of radio, my grandmother and greatgrandmother would hang there laundry out on a line. This would make these clothes feel and smell like a summer day. Before there was anything like a washer/dryer these great women would do this practise and the devise they would use to jold the clothes on the line was a "clothes pin" Now fast forward a little to this century, If you put one or two of these clothes pins on a metal line, locate them between the fuel pump and the carb, the wood clamped to the metal line would insulate the heat, absorbing the heat with the wood. the fan would keep the clothes pin cool and thus the metal line. It's almost thermal. If you put too on the line you could reduce the temp by 12% thus stopping vapor lock and boiling of the gas thats in carb bowl.

Rodney, What do you mean "Before there was dryer women would do this practise and the devise they would use to hold the clothes on the line was a "clothes pin"" My wife still hangs out our cloths from spring to fall. Have you tried to find a cloths line pole lately? We lost the one we had when we had the 60-70 mph winds.

Dennis:D

Dennis and Rodney, I put up a clothes line last summer for my wife, it is complete with elevator pulley on one end, so I did not need to make a platform with stairs.

Now puttin on my skivvies once theys froze aint too much fun, but helps with keepin me in-control, if you know what I mean.

Rodney, are you offering any franchises in this new/old venture.....LOL

Now wait....a minute. No more franchises we just went underground.:rolleyes: When I was a very young lad we use eo live in New York and our clothes line was way up in the air. I can remember my mother "pulling in the laundry" those were the days, my mother was so young. I can't get my wife to do that even if I paid her. We actually have a clothes line out back from the previous owners. My wife uses it to paint her garden tools:mad: "American woman stay away from me" She's an modern girl. The clothes pin is a thing of the past, that's why we needed to find another use for it.:D

After reading all the comments in this post, I must say that I beleive removing heat from the fuel pump and adjacent areas was the heat risers original purpose. As these nuisance pieces of metal have long been discarded heatsinking the fuel line is still necessary and the reasons for it have not changed. So to the clothespin theary I say there may be some merit, although my first choice for dissapating heat would not be wood. This heatsinking is a common practice when soldering and is necessary for a good solder joint on many types of components. To that end I will work on developing an aluminum clamp on fuel line heatsink and experiment with temperature differences at the carb end line. Let's just see!

following the heatsink theory you could use simple line clamps designed for two fuel lines to pass through, perhaps even add a short piece of extra tubing to act as a "radiator". Mopar was no help in putting the lines so close to the exhaust manifold either. replacing the pump-to-carb line and rerouting it away from the manifold is probably the most efficient way if originality isn't a concern. so far this year i haven't been able to run the 52 enough to suffer vapor lock!

After reading all the comments in this post, I must say that I beleive removing heat from the fuel pump and adjacent areas was the heat risers original purpose.

Are you talking about the heat riser or the heat shield? Two different animals. The heat riser is located in the manifolds and its purpose is to prevent carburetor icing. The heat shield does not remove heat from anything but insulates heat from the fuel pump.