Movies with Pilot House Trucks

jschultz

Looks like there is no inner fenders or nosepiece on it.  You can see through the left fenderwll and see the chrome from the truck on the Mercedes taxi parked in front of it.   Must be one of those air cooled foreign exported models.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow I've seen that movie many times and never noticed that. Every time I buckle a seatbelt in a car where you have to pull it tight for yourself I say " I just like to feel safe"

I watched a trucker movie last week but I can't recall the name(Hi Ballin')? The hijackers were in a ph pickup. It got rolled early on in the movie.  I noticed that in several movies, the bad guys are in MoPars.  Wuzupwidat?  I thought we were the white hat guys.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/16/2012 at 7:12 PM, wendleburger said:

In Mad Max 2 (The Road Warrior in the US), the scene where Max is driving the Semi back into the camp and all the bad guys rush to their cars to give chase, the flat black truck that falls off the stands and crushes the guy's legs is a 51-53 :)

HOLLYWOOD

large.RoadWarrior1.jpg.933a6a1e12e2543059ffd866b7509c3b.jpg

large.RoadWarrior2.jpg.77c8b6fef2664157d925c20844ea50b2.jpg

large.RoadWarrior3.jpg.dc9af5b6e4804c0fd59b9b7a17abb750.jpg

Edited by JBNeal
revised pictures
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Brian;

Ahh...."the Rounders" my favorite movie. I love that scene when they cross Red Rock Creek.....it's classic.Complete with a very sexy.............................. 3/4 tonner. ;)

There is going to be a sequel to this movie soon. "Rounders Too". Found a great location up in the Cleveland National Forest off of Ortega Hwy. Some new customers of mine have a small horse ranch in what was part of the old Rancho Capistrano. Prefect setting and there is even plenty of barns and horses. I already have the "star" lined up so I guess I will have to let my beard grow out scraggly so I can play the part of Edgar Buchannon. Now if I could just find my old cowboy hat.......

Jeff

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

HOLLYWOOD

saw this Hawaii Five-0 rerun the other day, although I recall there was another episode where this same truck was seen moving at a high rate of speed (downhill, of course)  :cool:

large.H5O01.jpg.6da97e9c9f4fa6de4740370c1a5e4a76.jpg

large.H5O02.jpg.1c30d353abf32b12f22448d0e80961ae.jpg

large.H5O03.jpg.f700150b0c02cb0054f8fd4d8fac0c67.jpg

Edited by JBNeal
revised pictures

saw this Hawaii Five-0 rerun the other day, although I recall there was another episode where this same truck was seen moving at a high rate of speed (downhill, of course)  :cool:

attachicon.gifH5O01.jpgattachicon.gifH5O02.jpgattachicon.gifH5O03.jpg

Apparently even back then the grill pieces were hard to find!

attachicon.gifH5O01.jpgattachicon.gifH5O02.jpgattachicon.gifH5O03.jpg

Huh.....I don't see a lot of military dodge trucks up close.....but this one has frenched headlights and a bumper blended into the fender......almost like it was buildt to roll.....maybe to hide the reinforcment of the front...incase they had to roll it a few times??? ^_^  

48D

• Like 1

That was not a movie. The actual military footage was just used in Hawaii Five O. The truck was on it's way to Florida where back in the sixties the nerve gas cannisters were then encased in concrete and then dumped off the coast of Florida. You know when you see 200 dolphins dead on the beach and the spin is "for some unknown reason" Now you know the real reason.

2014-11-18_0649_zpsea558065.png

2014-11-18_0802_zps2a5abc88.png

Think cheerful thoughts and remember when you are driving your truck it really is 1950 and everything's gonna be alright.

Hank  :)

Edited by HanksB3B
  • Like 2