Movies with Pilot House Trucks

jschultz

FOLLOW THAT BIRD -

Could not tell exactly what year the truck is because the front grill and bumper are not all there. They do show the interior for a split second but did not see it long enough. Need to rent the movie and slow mo it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089994/

The truck is the one that has the cage on the back that they put Big Bird in. The bad guy truck.

Jschultz

1949 B1C 3/4TON

Sorry I have not been around in a long time. I like the new bulletin board design. Some truck smilies would really finish it off.

Guest Dave Claussen
Greg' date=' Don't know the year of that truck. Do remember that movie though, but not the name of it. In that scene someone is trying to kill him with a crop duster. It's an old time spy thriller. Good movie.[/quote']

The name of the movie is "North by Northwest" by Alfred Hitchcock. Stars Cary Grant and Eva Marie Saint and parts take place at Mt Rushmore. Here's a link to movie data base

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0053125/

Norm,

The first 2 appear to be 48 or 49's due to the stainless grill bars, even though the bottom two are missing in the first photo. The third one looks like a '50 because the grill bars are painted. In '51 the grills changed to a different design, along with a slight change in the hood.

What's the car in the first pic? I'm not real good with my older car identification yet.

Merle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

HOLLYWOOD

The last episode of Alcatraz aired a few weeks ago where they recreated the chase scene from Bullitt. I watched the original during a rain-delay, trying to name all of the cars, trucks & vans on the streets, not seeing one jap car, a whole bunch of Beetles, a '20s Chevy (?) parked on the street, a powder blue & white A100 van in traffic then later parked on a side street...then I noticed what looks like a '48 B-1-B-108 at the top of the hill:

:cool:

large.BULLITTdodge1.jpg.1e84cfd5b952a6c2731bc80e0e13f85c.jpg

Edited by JBNeal
revised picture

In Mad Max 2 (The Road Warrior in the US), the scene where Max is driving the Semi back into the camp and all the bad guys rush to their cars to give chase, the flat black truck that falls off the stands and crushes the guy's legs is a 51-53 :)

In Mad Max 2 (The Road Warrior in the US), the scene where Max is driving the Semi back into the camp and all the bad guys rush to their cars to give chase, the flat black truck that falls off the stands and crushes the guy's legs is a 51-53 :)

just another reason to pop that DVD in a watch it again!

Why settle for a glimpse? How about a feature movie starring a Pilothouse?

Check out "the Rounders". Glenn Ford & Henry Fonda.....a 60's Cowboy comedy.

Their Pilothouse is in the movie from the first scene to the last...and as an integral part of the entire story. And it is never not in the movie for more than about 5 minutes. Out doing what it was built to do...driving & hauling livestock....fording streams....even running from the cops.

I am certain that no other movie gives one of our trucks such a significant role.

Jeff

• Like 1

Hey, lets not forget "the day the earth stood still". The original, not the Reeves remake. Check out some of the military vehicles in the background, you see Navy & Air Force Dodges:) I also know of a couple of C/W viddeos that have them, just cant remember the groups/songs right now.

• 1 year later...

HOLLYWOOD

I'm in a rain delay at the house, so I was watching that Argo movie I picked up at Target on sale a few weeks ago...look what was at the airport at about 1:25...

large.ARGO1.jpg.4c35b5f35e1e2b1c57b254af226edfe0.jpg

large.ARGO2.jpg.231356d43a07bdf38eb0932ec5caf311.jpg

Edited by JBNeal
revised pictures
  • Like 2