Winter Is Here In Manitoba

55 Fargo

Today was shirtsleeve weather here but supposed to chill down Friday. We might get some light rain showers here by Saturday night. Light rain in SoCal means only 2 or 3 houses go downhill in mudslides. :P

Saturday is a large local hotrod show, The Mooneyes Christmas party, and Sunday we attack mackster's suspension. A Mack Attack!

post-64-13585344690261_thumb.jpg

Dam, it's still cold here, 10 degrees this morning ! Going to get up maybe 3o today. , and thats NOT the windchill ,either !..............Picket lines, I remember those, not fun, but sometimes you just gotta do it ! Cars shows............. I think there is big, big car show comming up in Witchita kansas,pretty soon.. I used to go to the "back to the 50's " car show in St. Paul, Minn, years ago, and they had 7 to 8000 cars then. Witchita is alot bigger,............................. If I can only finr that artical again............. Correction : should be Tulsa Ok, not Witchita, Ks

We are officially up to .3 inches of snow in West Lafayette, IN. I can't wait till next week when people start headng home from school here and they make there way to their cars they havent started in weeks. Parking breaks frozen and dead batteries. Always a fun sight leaving campus for home!

A little more than a week then back home for christmas break and time to work on the P15.

Are you a Purdue student, usedmind? Is that how your mind is used :D

Also, I've noticed that Fred and Pat always mention the temp in degrees F but when I was in Ontario this past week all they use is degrees C. Do different regions of Canada use the different scales?

Merle, for ease of identifying and comparing temps I always use farentheit when posting on US based sites. We also had farenheit for many years,it wasn't until around late 1970s or the early 1980s that we swiched, I was educated with Imperial measure, ie miles inches, yards feet and pounds. It was in high school when Canada went for the big switch to metric, which in my mind was totally crazy. To this day in Canada, lumber, steel products and flooring and carpeting, still are measured in inches, feet, yards........Fred

Knighthawk, as you are a northern boy, you know it aint warm up here. But on the brightside,it's 36 degrees as we speak, it has been hovering around 30 to 36 for at least 5 days ,this includes overnight, this is very good weather for Manitoba, Southern Ontario can sometime reach highs of 65 this time of year, but if we hit 50 it would be exceptional. There has been a cloudy mist around our area for a majority of the time, the sun is poking through right now..................Fred

sounds like you have alot of humidity now. When I was in Texas, the weather didn't bother me, but here, the "cold " brings back the aches and pains. Would be worse in cooler and damp weather.. Would be nice if Jan and Feb were like this ! March don't matter, cause it ain't around long ! .........P. S......... actually , I built a suana in my basement, and use that when I start feeling it .

Yah Knighthawk rub it in a bit, buddy, the great white north is exactly that, Christmas, snow, fire going in the fire place, a beautiful wife to help wrap the gifts, and a classic car in the heated garage, with a stocking hanging from it, oh yah the deer are walking through my yard and admiring the christmas lights.

Here is one out the mouth of babes, my 4 year old was lookiing at a new calendar for the upcoming year, it was a picture of a beautiful new home, somehwere in California or Arizona possibly. He says to me, Dad is it summer there all winter, it sure looks nice. I told him in fact it is summer like all winter in many parts of the southern USA, he stopped me in mid-sentence and says to me, Dad can e sell the house and move there, I then told him it sometimes rains there and gets a little cool, his response was thats okay I can handle a little rain, but all this snow we have I can't handle..........the Rock :) ps when is the greenhouse effect going to kick in, I am waiting for all the warm weather as a result, just kidding

:D Nah don't think it's from her side as the In-laws, live even further north than I do. hehehe. By the way keep the weather stuff coming, it makes me smile, when the temps are colder down south than what they are here up in Canada. What else is their, Old Mopars, and talkin bout the weather, life is good......Fred

Hey, Canada ! Warm weather should be comming your way by now ! It's been close to 65 or 70 last few days, with a strong south wind. Hope it gets to you , and maybe keeps that artic air way up there North of you where it belongs ! Went to a Christmas gathering and supper today, sure doesn't seem like Christmas.........no snow or cold ! I may have to come to Canada for an old fashioned Christmas. ........What about you other guys out there ? what's it going to like where you are at for Christmas ????

Larry, there was a wicked southwind today, a llitle freeezing rain, but only up to 38 degrees. This is still acceptable, but when it's sloppy on the highways with freezing rain it is a miserable drive, just got home from work, had to slow down a few times to 40 mph, even saw and older Merc Marquis go in the ditch, appeared to be two young guys having a joy ride, no one was hurt...............Fred

it's been raining since yesterday afternoon , I don't how much but there's alot of water standing around. Only up in the 40's ( maybe 50 today ) but below freezing temps forecast every nite comming up. Maybe I'm going to need some Ice skates Do they even sell ice skates ? Don;t recall seeing them at Walmart . May have to go to Cananda yet !!

Larry, it's been absolutely beautiful here, it's only about 30 to 34 daily, but sunny with clear blue skies, and the forecast is for more this week. Understand Denver go walloped with a major blizzard, it even snowed in Vegas yesterday. I am quite sure we will see some -25 to -30 in January or February, but we are in the prairie region of Canada.........Fred ps did some welding in my garage today with heat at 55 inside, so I can get things done at least