Winter Is Here In Manitoba

55 Fargo

If I work to many hours out in the shop, ignoring my household duties.....my wife's shoulder becomes - 35 degrees...

....and dinner is even colder. :mellow:

48Degrees

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Aaah, finally, our adopted right of passage into "spring" in northern Maine.  Temp outside was higher than inside the shop, and above freezing overnight forecast for a week or more - so - put the water hose reel outside the shop, turned on the water to the shop, and turned off the pellet stove (albeit not decommissioned for the season - yet).  But we still have "feet" of snowbanks and a few patches under the trees.

Well, yeah...buzz killer...;)  (I take my small victories where I can.)   We have a "few days" between the melting of the snowbanks and arrival of the blackfly hordes.  We're lucky that the place we bought is on rocky ground on the side of a hill, so our property only gets "mud season" for a week or so when the snow first starts melting off with no place for the water to go, so our hyper-local mud season is over, but the rest of  northern Maine has another week or two before it starts.  The timber industry actually closes the working forests during that time, it gets so bad.  Lasts two to three weeks - depending on Mother Nature, of course.  Places get that weird Jell-O like ground, too. 

Here is SW Wisconsin were getting snow today even though we've been mowing lawns already, crops are being planted on the farms and we're halfway through the spring sports schedule.

• Sad 1

We have yet to see 60 this spring in northern Maine.  Couple of days a hair over 50.  Back to teens and twenties for overnight lows next few days.  And yes, this is unseasonably "cool" for us, but the snow is receding, slowly but surely.  And me being a silver lining guy - at least I've still got some snowbanks to throw a few brewskies in.  Amazing what constitutes "warm" once you acclimate to this place...