Winter Is Here In Manitoba

55 Fargo

Hi all, got 6 inches of snow yesterday in southern Manitoba, it went down to 10 is only about 20 today,Wife took this pic of me,front of the house facing the road. Good thing I have an insulated heated garage where I keep my 48 Chrys, had the heat on today it was about 55 inside, going to do some welding tomorrow, finishing patches in 48 Chrys.............Fred

post-114-13585344645555_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Always good to start off the season with a light dusting and moderate temperatures. Weather map looks like a pretty serious arctic air mass coming out way. We are at 62 degrees an 5:45, looking at a record high

(68) for tomorow maybe, Then down the tubes for Friday and the weekend with highs in the 30 and over night lows in the teens.

Well, this am we were at -40f with the wind chill, BUT, right now (9pm) it's a balmy 9f

Gotta love this yo-yo weather here.

Maybe as high as 0 in the am

"I spent the afternoon in the garage with the door open and a fan running to stay comfortable. Just thought you guys up north might want to know . . ."

Ya Ya Ya...rub it in LOL!!!

Here in southwest Missouri it is now in the 30s and raining. They predict it to change to freezing rain and snow in the next day or so. May be especially bad in northeast Oklahoma. Has been sleeting and freezing rain in Kansas City, which is about 2 hours north of us.

Am looking forward a few months to when we can again do things like this: IM003863.jpg

(son-in-law, daughter & better half ---leaving a BBQ joint) (i was stashing the doggie bags in the trunk)

It got a bit worse overnight here in MO....now 25f (-4c). Sleet type stuff coating yards and roads. Just got done letting the van run to defrost the windows. Expect some more of this today, but Friday thru Monday forecast says sunny.

100_3723.jpg

However, the Plym and the PT get to stay inside. About 50 degrees in the garage with door closed. (don't know what that white spot is...caused by the flash, i guess.)

100_3725.jpg

Bob, drive carefully, it's when you get the freezing rain and snow mixed with temps near the freezing point, that I find it the worse for driving. Just take your time, and arrive safely. It's 0900 and the temp is up to 0. Your pic looks like what we had a couple of weeks ago, then it warmed up and meltedon Monday before the storm we didn't have any snow. I have been watching your weather it was nice there last week wasn't it. Take care Fred.

Fred and Bob, could you guys see about keeping that weather. I really don't need it. As Greg said, looking for a record high here in central NY today. I drove the '48 to work this AM, but it is back in the garage now. The wind will pick up as those cold temps clash with our present 60 degrees.

Note the snowblower is right next to J Edgar. I'm ready, but not looking forward to it.

December 1st, 04:30 AM...beautiful downtown Elko, GA. (71 people, 32 dogs and who know about the cats)..71 degrees and nice wind blowing...

You can bet by tonight after rains come through it will be miserable wet and cut to the bone cold...the preverbable calm before the storm.

However..dang its nice out...

December 1st, 04:30 AM...beautiful downtown Elko, GA. (71 people, 32 dogs and who know about the cats)..71 degrees and nice wind blowing...

You can bet by tonight after rains come through it will be miserable wet and cut to the bone cold...the preverbable calm before the storm.

However..dang its nice out...

6:30 here in S.E Wisconsin. National weather service has issued a "Sever Blizzard" warning and everyone is advised to stay at home. YEA RIGHT. Traffic is slow, and some are parked in the ditches, all schools are closed and the airports are running with big delays, but it's business as usual for most of us. 4WD comes in quite handy om days like this.

Great White north I am 15 miles north of Winnipeg City just Outside of Selkirk Manitoba, in St Andrews Municipality. I know exactly where langdon is, in fact my 1973 John Deere Snowblower is from a farm just outside of Langdon. I have a engine, clutch, and trans and frame from a 1955 Fargo..........fred

Its 12 degrees here in wintery Manitoba right now high of 22 above, looks like Milwaukee is gettting a Blizzard, and were the same temp as Joplin which is about 900 miles south of here. but we are looking at around zero for lows over the next few days................Fred

Since no one issued a Texas report, yes I know El Paso is in Texas, I will give the DFW review. On Wednesday it was 80 degrees, by midnight Wednesday it was 40 degrees. Thursday morning it was hovering around 32 degrees with a combination of rain, sleet and snow. This morning it was 23 degrees but the sun is out and it will be around 50 today.

The good thing about Texas is that is does not stay cold for long.

Hey Tim, this arctic cold front originated out of Alaska, the last time I checked it belonged to the good old USA, HE,HE,HE. So now you can claim it back, we had it for a few days now it's your turn.................Yee HAH Fred