Exhaust Headers 230 Engine

Guest Dodge Joe

Guest Dodge Joe

I'm going to put exhaust headers on my 230 engine. Langon's list three diffrent types. One is Plymouth Dodge headers,One is Fenton headers and one is Stovebolt Headers. So which is the better? I'll tryed to contact them but they are out intill the 15th of Feb.

Thanks

Joe

There are several sources for split exhaust based on the stock manifold. You can also get some SBC headers and mess with them Slice and dice and plug one inlet. The outlet flanges need some messaging also. And of course there is always "MOOSE"

http://homepage.mac.com/i/hpti/1/wimg/Shared/SlideShow/SlideShow.html?lang=en

DSCN1862.JPG

Guest 49 pilot

thanks guys,,,I'm located in southern ohio....A fellow just down the road does blasting,,,$30.00 an hour...and there is another shop 20 minutes from here,,,there both has a track the frame would ride on....the frame is down to bare bones..it has some rust that needs to be repaired,,had to remove the forward cab mounts,,,those old timers built them strong,,,those rivits did not want to let go...I will bolt the mounts on,,,them have them welded also. thanks for all your help guys..

I would go with the Langdon headers for the Dodge/Plymouth. They quality and fit are excellent and Tom (a retired engineer who specialized in engine research and design from GM) personally made modifications to improve flow. They bolt right on to either a 218 or 230 without any modifications needed. In my opinion they are actually an engineering improvement over the Fentons but cannot (by copyright) carry the Fenton name.

If $$ is no object and you are building an all out racing engine, I would go with one of Tom's custom headers. They look great and would give you the best flow.

post-193-13585346905476_thumb.jpg

I would go with the Langdon headers for the Dodge/Plymouth. They quality and fit are excellent and Tom (a retired engineer who specialized in engine research and design from GM) personally made modifications to improve flow. They bolt right on to either a 218 or 230 without any modifications needed. In my opinion they are actually an engineering improvement over the Fentons but cannot (by copyright) carry the Fenton name.

If $$ is no object and you are building an all out racing engine, I would go with one of Tom's custom headers. They look great and would give you the best flow.

Can you post a picture of the back side of these headers?

I do not have any photos of the back side of these manifolds. I'd suggest giving Tom a call directly. He will be home today and tomorrow.

Phone/Fax: 1-586-739-9601

Email: theboss@stoveboltengineco.com

Web: www.stoveboltengineco.com

I do not have any photos of the back side of these manifolds. I'd suggest giving Tom a call directly. He will be home today and tomorrow.

Phone/Fax: 1-586-739-9601

Email: theboss@stoveboltengineco.com

Web: www.stoveboltengineco.com

I have no plans to buy these headers. Here is a picture of the back side of these headers taken by James Douglas of the headers he returned. Has the quality improved????

photo1.jpg

I have no plans to buy these headers. Here is a picture of the back side of these headers taken by James Douglas of the headers he returned. Has the quality improved????

photo1.jpg

WOW! that is ugly! of course no one will see it, not likely, but we will all know it's there. Split your own with an p15-D24 associate, that's what I did!

MG!:D

Langdons headers are solid 1 piece of cast iron very well made. Nothing like that one you posted Don. I recently installed a set on my 42 Coupe and they fit perfectly. They are smooth on the back side too.

I'll be buying more in the future.

Langdons headers are solid 1 piece of cast iron very well made. Nothing like that one you posted Don. I recently installed a set on my 42 Coupe and they fit perfectly. They are smooth on the back side too.

I'll be buying more in the future.

The picture I posted was for a long block Desoto engine. I believe they are converted SBC headers. That is why there is a 4th stub. Glad the cast headers work well.

• 10 years later...
On 2/1/2008 at 7:11 AM, 1937 Dodge said:

post-193-13585346905476_thumb.jpg

WHERE DO I BUY THESE? 

• Thanks 1