Guest p15_d24_forum_admin

Water Distribution Tube R & R

Yeah I reckon it could be done in the vehicle. Probably pull the temperature sensor out first and disconnect the heater if you have one

I once built  Trans and engine in a Corvette while testing it the cooling part of the radiator started leaking and went into the new trans and trans fluid invaded the engine and it coated the inside, so a guy told me to put a spoon of dishwasher soap Powder and run the engine till hot then keep flushing till its all out. The block was clean after that.  As far as installing a new tube its better to remove the rear freeze plug as mine was full even after they dipped it in the tank, I dug for a while getting the gunk out.

Powder

To remove the rear freeze plug the clutch housing need to be removed.  This week I cleaned up this engine. It's quite evident how some previous owner removed the tube. Also note where the freeze plug is. (Brass plug)

IMG_1701.JPG

Edited by pflaming