I got sprung!

Don Coatney

I originally installed a pair of D-24 springs on my car about 3 years ago when I installed my differential. These springs (the black ones pictured here

springs2.jpg

had a better arch than my originals. However the centering pin sheared in one of these springs. This allowed the differential to shift and wiped out one of my air shocks.

bs2.jpg

bs1.jpg

So I re-installed my original springs and shocks. Have been driving this way most of the summer. When I had an opportunity to inspect my car while on the lift at Tim Adams place a month or so ago I found one of my original springs not looking very good as it was bent the wrong way.

badspring.jpg

So yesterday I took my black D-24 springs to a spring shop in Smashville. Talking with the spring guy he said my best bet would be to replace the second major leaf and replace the broken centering pin. So I had him do so. Picked them up today and they look great. Tab was $156.31. This was much better than the five bill price of replacement springs I found from the vendors in the links section of this forum.

fixedsprings.jpg

springinvoice.jpg

Don, Is that a hunk of fiberglass cloth on the back of your fender? Just getting into the convertible and finding some of the same. Lots of metalwork in store for the winter months out in the new garage.

RT

John;

Fiberglass it is. I have not done any body work on my car. It was like this when I bought it. Still looks good so it will stay this way for a while.

wash2.jpg

Guest Rex ply 48

Hi Don

I bough springs all way around last year, put the fronts in then. Just last week put the rears in and got to looking at it when through and looks like it raised the rear about two and half inches. How you can really see that three in.drop on the front. you know when I saw in high school and had my coupe then, we tried to lower the rear and raise the front. I may have to try that again some day.

Rex