Ply/dodge headers

bob westphal

I've installed Fentons, and pretty much every other type exhaust on these flatheads over the years. Dollar for dollar the Stovebolt cast iron headers, fashioned on the orginal Fentons, are the best. I"ve had to do some serious work on old Fentons to get them to fit, the Stovebolts set fits like a dream. I also like the inserts style flange for the exhaust pipe, very well done. For what the old stuff brings on ebay you could get a better set from Stovebolt and have change to boot. Just my opinion, I receive no fee from Tom Langdon.

Guest jjmorrse

I also got some headers from stovebolt for my 54. They are great. FYI- I did have to do a little firewall dent to get the back to fit, and the front runs a little close to the fuel pump.

These are the headers that I have on my engine, along with his side covers. I bought them a long time ago, ran them a while, then had them ceramic coated. I had to do a little work on the flanges to get them the same height as the intake, but they seal up and look (and sound!) great!

I haven't had contact with J.B. since 2004, but I still have his last phone number if anyone needs it.

Marty

With all due respect to the E-bay deal....I figure all uf us are big boys (girls) and know how to shop about. The posting of this is only doing the SELLER a favor and never does it benefit the buyer. I think the posting of this is doing the forum readers an injustice as many have lost bids after this has hit the forum. The HAMB does not allow this and I personally think it should not be on this forum either. I have no need for this item but am sure a few on this board may want this..let them do the footwork..if someone has asked you to BOLO for an item send a PM if you wish to let him know...

Tim,

I couldn't agree more.

Best.

ARTHUR

I also got some headers from stovebolt for my 54. They are great. FYI- I did have to do a little firewall dent to get the back to fit, and the front runs a little close to the fuel pump.

Got any pictures of the stovebolt headers? Looks like these fentons will be out of my wallet range. Been watching them since before this post started. The price has been jumping since this thread started but that could also be because the auction is getting closer to ending.

If I really want some part, I would first check the For Sale list here. Often times the desired item is not listed here. So, it's "e-baywatch" time.

I have gotten a few respectable deals on the bay, and have had to drop out on other things I wanted due to escalating price. I don't know if some of those hi selling items were ever mentioned on any forum, or were just also spotted by shoppers like me. So it's truly hard to know if a mention here is detrimental to other bidders or not.

I think everyone SHOULD keep watching ebay along as our needed items do keep coming up from time to time. You want stainless trim???---it comes up and prices vary. Need voltage regulator, brake stuff, fenders, etc, etc....it will appear sometime. **There's one guy listing P15 parts right now, and I think he's starting too high on some things. * Eventually someone lists the same thing for less.

And, the auto supply stores do have SOME old stuff available---may have to order it from their warehouse, but certain things are still obtainable from them. (I'm getting a voltage regulator from an O'Reilly Automotive store. About $31. Need to go by today to pick it up.)

If I really want some part, I would first check the For Sale list here. Often times the desired item is not listed here. So, it's "e-baywatch" time.

I have gotten a few respectable deals on the bay, and have had to drop out on other things I wanted due to escalating price. I don't know if some of those hi selling items were ever mentioned on any forum, or were just also spotted by shoppers like me. So it's truly hard to know if a mention here is detrimental to other bidders or not.

I think everyone SHOULD keep watching ebay along as our needed items do keep coming up from time to time. You want stainless trim???---it comes up and prices vary. Need voltage regulator, brake stuff, fenders, etc, etc....it will appear sometime. **There's one guy listing P15 parts right now, and I think he's starting too high on some things. * Eventually someone lists the same thing for less.

And, the auto supply stores do have SOME old stuff available---may have to order it from their warehouse, but certain things are still obtainable from them. (I'm getting a voltage regulator from an O'Reilly Automotive store. About $31. Need to go by today to pick it up.)

Bob,

I don't think anybody would object if the post is after the auction. It's always good to see what some things go for and if you have them already it's even better.

My 2 cents..

I love my Stovebolt exhaust headers. They fit like a dream.

Today I am installing the duel Webbers from Stovebolt and it has gone on great so far. I had to make a hole in the firewall to fit the manifold in, I think my engine ended up about 1/2 in back farther than it should be, so my problem. All that is left to do is get the linkage set up and hot water to the manifold.

I will take a photo as soon as I get to a good stopping point.

kai

I love my Stovebolt exhaust headers. They fit like a dream.

Today I am installing the duel Webbers from Stovebolt and it has gone on great so far. I had to make a hole in the firewall to fit the manifold in, I think my engine ended up about 1/2 in back farther than it should be, so my problem. All that is left to do is get the linkage set up and hot water to the manifold.

I will take a photo as soon as I get to a good stopping point.

kai

Are you installing Holley-Webers or Carter-Webers? I've got the Carter-Webers (which I purchased from Stovebolt, along with his carb adapters), and I'll warn you about a problem for at least the small block Mopar flatheads. The electric choke connection for the front carb will be firmly against the body of the back carb. After much messing around, I ultimately hogged out the bolt holes in the adapters enough so that both carbs were rotated clockwise slightly to open up the area in question. Don't forget that you need to have enough room to get the connector on; want to guess how I know about that one?

Marty

Thanks Marty

I hooked up the conector prior to installing the carb. It looks like you will have to loosen the carb if ever I have to change the conector. So far this is the only problem I have had. I am running the chokes thru an oil pressure switch. It is off with out pressure, thus the chokes will not start opperating until the engine is running. That way no matter how long you wait from key on until start, the chokes will not start opening, (87 Jeep Wrangler switch. make sure you get the switch not the oil press sender, Both are called switches.)

kai