Fluid Drive Question

Guest NJwindsor

Guest NJwindsor

I have been enjoying my 46 Chrysler Windsor with fluid drive. Read posting on keeping the fluid full and have two questions:

1. Where exactly do I find the access door for filling the fluid. I just had the interior done and don't want to pull up the entrie carpet to find the location.

2. Does anybody know where i can find the recomeneded Universl tractor fluid#134 on line?

Thanks!!!

Welcome to the forum. I believe there is an access panel at about the 1 oclock position on the hump in the floor. This will be in the area where the tunnel panel and firewall come together so the carpet will need to be pulled back and protected. the universal tractor fluid is available at NAPA and at Tractor Supply Company stores. I think the smallest it come in is 5 agllon pail. This is the same stuff that construction equipment uses for back hoes, front loaders, Skip loaders, fork lifts, etc. So if yo have any sops dealing with that type of equipmant, they have it in bulk and may sell you a gallon or two. I forget who mentioned it but he found using a garden sprayer to do any adding or refilling of the fluid worked and kept the job neat. There is an excellent section on fluid drive and semi Automatic transmission, including the old tech work book on the Imperial Club website. There may even a picture by picture how to posted there.

http://www.imperialclub.com/Repair/Transmission/index.htm

You will probably have better luck posting your questions to the general discussion forum. This tech area is primarily for folks to post ideas they have come up with or experience tha have had in dealing with thier vehicles. Kinda like I didn;t have the manual so I did it this way and I got lucky.

Any way welcome aboard

Hola New jersey Person

The filling of the Fluid Drive with the #134 Fluid does not mean the M-6 transmission too. This may be a good time to open the F-D unit, rotate to the 6 O'Clock position to drain and then back to the fill location. Make sure the coil wire is taken off.

The M-6 Transmission is filled and drained from under the floor area on the front passenger side of the vehicle. This unit uses straight 10 to 20W motor oil.

Rodger & Gabby

COS