1.5 ton Dodge straigt truck brakes

I do the local Napa for hydraulics and "Brake and Clutch supply" for all the brake shoe and band relining. All here in the Seattle area. Mine are all 16" drums and not cheap to have new linings put on the shoes. Oh well! It`s hard to find med. to heavy truck parts suppliers for the old trucks. More than likely you will have to have your old shoes relined.

Good luck, Bob

I would think you could get your steel shoes relined for in the neighborhood of $20 a piece. Make sure you're wearing a respirator when working with the old shoes-I even soak down the shoes and backing plate with brakeclean or water to keep the asbestos dust from flying around and breathing it in. Nasty stuff. The newer lining materials aren't allowed to use asbestos based materials. Mike

Where do you guys go to get new shoes, wheel cylinders and lines. Did a thread search, but just come up with Bernbaum. I can buy them locally, but the are $$.00. Thnx, Kevin

Got my parts from the local SAS (Sanel) auto parts. They had replacement wheel cyl for front in stock - had to order the rears. These parts are not cheap - I think the front wheel cyl were about $35 each and the rears were close to $50 each. The line is 1/4 or 5/16 - big stuff. Check your wheel seals while you have everything apart. The original leather seals don't hold up to 50+ years. It took a long time for SAS to match up the seals. Those weren't cheap either - something around $35 each comes to mind.

Think about it for a moment. These parts are all on a large truck - they have to work to stop large (15K) loads (including the truck). These parts aren't going to be 1/2 or 3/4 ton truck sizes - and probably not same prices either.