Lets see pic of your trucks

Ken_Hart

13 hours ago, tom'sB2B said:

Saw this cool woodie whilst riding my '51 Schwinn 

PXL_20230722_215321460_copy_3060x2304.jpg

Nice Schwinn. Love the patina (aka rust) ?

AFAIK Santa Cruz is famous for woodies. There is the Santa Cruz chapter of the National Woodies Club, the annual Woodies on the Wharf held in July, Woodies on the Beach (also in July), Woodies Cafe, and there is a man named Woody who has lived there all his life! Thanks for sharing and love the two  classics juxtaposed.

• 1 month later...

Hello all.

Just started on our newly acquired 1953 Dodge B4B 1/2 Ton Project that we bought in bits and pieces so I only have photos of bits and pieces to share at this time.

This is a great forum,

Dan

dodge truck 2.jpg

dodge truck 3.jpg

dodge truck 5.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nice truck.  I love the ones kept looking original.  I know in 1951 a farmer probably would not spend the extra money on white wall tires for his farm truck, but they sure look good and make people think about that time period.  I have the white walls on both my 47 Dodge and my 54 Chevy trucks. 

• Like 1

I started my 1953 Dodge B4B Project in September 2023.  Here are a few progress photos.

The engine went to the machine shop on Thursday and my goal is to have a rolling chassis to put it in when I bring it home.

This is a great forum!

Dan

Truck Parts 1.jpg

Truck Parts 4.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/23/2024 at 9:16 AM, Dan693 said:

I started my 1953 Dodge B4B Project in September 2023.  Here are a few progress photos.

The engine went to the machine shop on Thursday and my goal is to have a rolling chassis to put it in when I bring it home.

This is a great forum!

Dan

Truck Parts 1.jpg

Truck Parts 4.jpg

I think you should start a thread showing your rebuild. I would enjoy watching your progress.

Edited by tom'sB2B
  • Like 1

Hi tom'sB2B,

My wife and I have been making slow and steady progress on 1953 B4B.

My initial post was on September 8, 2023 with photos of the truck in pieces.  That is how we brought it home.  The previous owner took it completely apart then lost interest when he found a 1967 Dodge Charger project.  He did do a pretty good job of bagging and tagging with photos.  He also had a shop manual and parts book.

We made a few trips with a U-haul utility trailer to get all of the parts home.  we sorted through the 7 plastic bins to sort out and identify parts. 

As many of you that have tackled an old car project know, most of the work in the beginning is cleaning, cleaning, and more cleaning.  We started with the chassis and running gear components.  We cleaned, inspected, repaired as necessary, and painted them.  The frame went out for sand blasting and powder coating. 

We now have a painted chassis and a number of painted components. 

More to come.

Cab and Clip in trailer small.jpg

Engine unload small.jpg

Front axle small.jpg

Parts in a box small.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...