Lets see pic of your trucks

Ken_Hart

Here is our family's 1950 woodie. Purchased new by my grandfather in 1950. Restored by my father in the 80's. I have lots of old pictures from the 50's with my grandfather, dad, etc in the truck. Still runs great but needs some brake work (winter project).

The picture with the boy is my father in approx '51 with a pretty new woodie in the background. I still have the water bag that was hung off the bumper to keep drinking water cold.

Jeremy

Wow Jeremy ! Beautiful truck and what a lucky guy you are to have had it handed down to you. I am as green as the truck with envy.

Here is our family's 1950 woodie. Purchased new by my grandfather in 1950. Restored by my father in the 80's. I have lots of old pictures from the 50's with my grandfather, dad, etc in the truck. Still runs great but needs some brake work (winter project).

The picture with the boy is my father in approx '51 with a pretty new woodie in the background. I still have the water bag that was hung off the bumper to keep drinking water cold.

Jeremy

Wow, Cool pictures of your grandfathers woodie! Really like the old picture!

Thanks for showing us !

Bob

Jeremy

Beautiful woody, Jeremy. Good to see another one around!

That is an awesome truck! :cool: As far as being titled as a '51, it happened a lot to the trucks from this era. A lot of them were titled as the year they were sold, and not by the model year. In the case of the woody, my guess would be that it was probably purchased by the coach builder, and then built up as a woody. Since that process might take some time, the truck was probably bought in '50, then sold sometime in '51, and titled as a '51.

You could probably verify this by checking the ID # on the door and comparing it to the model year numbers.

If you put the ID number in this decoder, it should tell you the model year of the truck...

http://www.t137.com/registry/help/decode.php

Thanks for the information, and the link! Unfortunately, the metal VIN/ID plate on the driver's side doorframe has gone missing. I've got relatively recent photos of it there, but sometime in the last couple of years, it was removed... most likely because of the frame-swap. I have yet to find it. :( I'm hoping it didn't get lost in the shuffle.

Here's a 47 1.5 ton I owned for a while. We called her the Gray Goose or just Goose.

gooseathome.jpg

Here's my collection of trucks back in the early 90's. All gone to new owners now except for the white camper.

Mytrucks1993.jpg

Anybody tried this with their Pilot House ?

My4875ton.jpg

• Like 1

Oh, Ole Yeller came along after all of those pictured, around '97....except the Gray Goose.

Here's a photo of my first Pilot House in '79. Paid $750 and drove it home. Should have kept this one ! Nice original paint.

MyfirstPilothousein79.jpg

• Like 1

There's something to be said for the original paint used in '48. Mine still has the original paint job. Has a few worn spots, but for the most part, is in really great shape.

The truck has never been garaged (as far as I know). My dad's friend's uncle bought it new, my dad bought it from him and owned it for 3 years then my uncle had if for 37 years. I inherited it from him a year ago and have been restoring it.

Copyofericnogleberg031.jpg

• Like 1

Here are some pics of my B3B. Since I took the pictures I have installed the headliner from Quiet Ride. I need a rubber floor mat and the inside should be pretty much done. This has all the original equipment and everything works the way its suppose to. It is cool here in MN so the truck is in storage until the weather warms up.

post-2369-13585358184966_thumb.jpg

post-2369-13585358185358_thumb.jpg

post-2369-13585358185655_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Some of my trucks- 1 ton thru 4 ton.

8292007 Dodge trucks 010 - Copy.jpg

Edited by Dodgeb4ya
  • Like 2

There's a Stainless Steel Restoration Wizzard (mentioned somewhere on this forum) that can make your Stainless Steel Grille like new. It'll cost you though, but not near enough compared to how much they are worth.

Wow! (never saw them except in Don Bunns's book)

Hank :)