Lets see pic of your trucks

Ken_Hart

Hello all this is my new toy. Well actually it's been in the family my whole life I rode in this truck as  a child. Was recently given this truck by my uncle already this forum has been a help in the last couple days. I was able to fire up the 218 after a 25 year sit very excited to make this truck my own

IMG_3365.PNG

• Like 10

19 hours ago, JaysonK said:

I read something that a lot of states required door signs on trucks have not been able to get the whole story....anyone know?

Yes, once upon a time.  In Missouri, for instance, lettering was required on each side that indicated the name of the owner, the city where the truck was registered and the gross weight for which the truck was licensed.  Additionally, the licenses were issued for farm, local, and beyond local.

John Smiith

Buttcrack, MO

BL GW 6,000

Businesses often had the door with a logo of some sort and that was ok with the state.  As long as it had the req'd info, folks were ok with the state.  Most of the pick up trucks lettered the bed side in front of the rear wheel well and behind the door.

I've been thinking about doing this when my C1B6 is done.

• Like 2

New member - - just saved a 1953 1.5 ton from oblivion.  Was a tar truck in Shelbyville, Tennessee from new to the 1980s when it was sold off as surplus.   The tires and wheels still have tar over-spray on them.  Tar tank disappeared and a commercial flatbed has been added.

DSC_3162.JPG

• Like 8

A friend from Bakersfield, CA and I met for lunch. He has a small V8 and AT in his 53. Fun day.  I have added some pictures of my journey with this truck. 

IMG_6711.JPG

IMG_2847.JPG

IMG_7262.JPG

IMG_7274.JPG

Edited by pflaming
  • Like 7

Just wanted to say to all of you from past to present that have proudly served our country. Thank You. I can speak for my family and say, we will always be in debt to you and will always have your back.

IMG_5777.JPG

• Like 7

Loving my Truck. Just need to try and get a bit more speed out of her. Getting about 40 mph. 360 Flathead 4 speed. Don't believe you can buy ring and pinions for these anymore can ya. Maybe a 5 speed transplant is in need, would take care of the no syncro tranny also. Anyways sorry for rambling I just wanted to share my truck with the group. Have a great weekend!
Scott

unnamed.jpg

P1010002.JPG

• Like 17

12 hours ago, X53Gunner said:

Loving my Truck. Just need to try and get a bit more speed out of her. Getting about 40 mph. 360 Flathead 4 speed. Don't believe you can buy ring and pinions for these anymore can ya. Maybe a 5 speed transplant is in need, would take care of the no syncro tranny also. Anyways sorry for rambling I just wanted to share my truck with the group. Have a great weekend!
Scott

unnamed.jpg

P1010002.JPG

Now this looks BITCHIN!!

• Like 4

While we're talking about non-dodge vehicles at the moment (and the acceptable non-dodge makes to boot)...

Here's an IH Metro Van. I think these are very cool. I actually like them slightly better than the Dodge step vans. Sitting behind a restoration shop in Lockeford, CA. Currently used as a storage 'shed' for old paint. They were thinking of restoring this and making it the shop truck, but then again they are too busy and might not get that far...

IMG_2201.JPG

IMG_2200.JPG

IMG_2199.JPG

• Like 3

I restored this truck  over a 2 year period, but sold it several years ago.  I would like to know if anyone knows where it is today.  It was sold to a person in Maine then he sold it to someone else. I anybody has seen it, please let me know.  Thanks

Imported pics on new computer 299.jpg

• Like 5

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...