Lets see pic of your trucks

Ken_Hart

It was originally a marionish red, just in primer for who knows how long. But I’m a poor boy so in primer it’ll stay! I like the red wheels with the grey, but since I added the disc brake kit and a rear ended swap, I have to get different rims. Not sure what style to go with, but will probably be black rims.

After looking at all of the winter snow photos, thought I would post one of my truck on Feb 17, a winter's day in Texas!  About 64 degrees F, but the high for tomorrow is expected to be 48 degrees and rainy... :D

IMG_1755_(2).JPG

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Bobacuda said:

After looking at all of the winter snow photos, thought I would post one of my truck on Feb 17, a winter's day in Texas!  About 64 degrees F, but the high for tomorrow is expected to be 48 degrees and rainy... :D

IMG_1755_(2).JPG

Wow, that's nice, how bout some more shots of that one? I always liked the blue paint color on these trucks.

Edited by John-T-53

1 hour ago, John-T-53 said:

Wow, that's nice, how bout some more shots of that one? I always liked the blue paint color on these trucks.

Hey I have a blue (ish) truck ?

IMG_1206.JPG.7bb9488705336b7da0c3ad1a96abe15e.JPG

Edited by Brent B3B
I crack me up!!!!! LOL
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Frank Elder said:

Did you get a little damage to your truck? From this angle the bumper looks a little pushed in and a scrape on your fender?    

It has all sorts of "character" marks. The bumper is straight... just a little scrape on the corner. The picture is a bit misleading and does look that way once I look at it again.

I have to agree with everyone about the trucks looks!

Been waiting for someone to bring up the very unique and beautiful  wood sides in the trucks bed!!  

Bent wood with cantilevered stakes. I love it!!

DJ

Roger1 ...2% is not stock?

Edited by Dodgeb4ya

A quick prestory to the pictures ...

Today I went to the Lake to go for a walk with the dog and taking some pictures of my 1939 PT ...

But first a quick jump to the last weekend. Winter suddenly has stopped, rain had washed away the salt from the roads over night.

I went to the lake early in the morning. Sun was just before rising up. I could see a yellow orange stripe along the horizon, super clear water, swans slowly waking up. What a panorama !!! From our side of the shore  you can see the mountains of the Swiss Alps, if the sky is clear. That morning they where super clear, white shining snow on top. Simply perfect ! Unfortunately I neither had a camera nor my PT with me. So I decided to come back the next weekend ...

Today morning , Feb. 23rd, 2019 something between 6.00 and 6.30 a.m.

Knowing that there is just one access to the shore and it is strictly forbidden to enter it with a vehicle, I arrived a bit too early. Drove in with a slight bad conscience. Nobody was there.

But today, no mountain view, just a grey haze. No swan just some scattered ducks. No orange horizon. Damned. Since I took the risk to get serious trouble, I yet decided to take some quick shots with the camera and quickly sneak away off of the shore. Jumped into the truck, wrooom, rear wheels scrabbled in the sand, ooops. A bit less throttle, but too late. Rear wheels went deeper and deeper .... then a man walked by, he was looking a bit wrathful / surprised. I probably  like a caught little boy.

But hey, that was a colleague from work !! I quick explained my situation, he just: ohooohhh.

Now to make it short. He rushed to his home, came back with his car and a rope.

(Still nobody else came to the shore  - biiig trouble, if the sheriff or a conservationist would have appeared). Hooked in the rope and towed me out of my awkward situation.

Yesss !!! I asked him what he wants to get, but he did refuse ... "hmm, maybe a ride in the PT !?" he said. So yes, I gladly will take him to a tour along the lake !!!

So here some adventure pics I shot, although they are certainly not perfect:

PT_Lake2.thumb.jpg.e47f582a96070892c4ad3887e7c3908e.jpg

PT_Lake4.jpg.e55856c3d9dca314a8114b1101df97cc.jpg

PT_Lake3.jpg.fffc21f409aa42580e46400edee17487.jpg

PT_Lake1.jpg.28f938ac5370a595534ff688c43c21cb.jpg

Was it worth it ? For me YESSS !

Edited by PT81Jan
  • Like 8

What an adventure; yes, it was worth the risk, at least to us on the Forum. Glad you were able to get out of there w/o any consequences. Also glad you thought of us enough to post this thread within minutes of its occurring. Isn't modern technology wonderful? Here I am, an ocean away, and yet I see where you were, just minutes after the fact. I love the internet. ?

• Thanks 1

On 2/22/2019 at 6:08 PM, DJ194950 said:

I have to agree with everyone about the trucks looks!

Been waiting for someone to bring up the very unique and beautiful  wood sides in the trucks bed!!  

Bent wood with cantilevered stakes. I love it!!

DJ

Edited by Roger1