Lets see pic of your trucks

Ken_Hart

Thanks Reg.

The paint needs a bit of help on the cab but the bed is really nice. I got the engine to kick a couple times but it won't stay running yet.

I have everything I need to get it running so now I need time.

BloodyKnuckles

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cab in foreground, I'm stripping it for blasting right now. 'truck' in background motor and trans in frame, it runs, 1 U-joint from linking up the whole drive train. Next step is to 'mock it up' with a full set of body panels to pick the best set from what I've got and make sure everything fits, make repairs to the panels, then take them back off and send them for blasting.

post-2869-13585361049742_thumb.jpg

Before I boxed the frame, welded grade 8 nuts to the inside of the frame where the running board brackets and cab mount brackets go. For the bed cross members welded a 1 1/2 square tube into the frame and notched out around it and drilled and welded in place

post-6019-13585361092996_thumb.jpg

Edited by 70rtse440

half day off and I play truck...got the front tires on amongst other things (tires are the most impressive), but I think the shocks I got won't fit....they won't extend far enough to mount...sigh

2011-05-06154234.jpg

I was able to pull all of mine out of the garage last weekend.

I still need to paint the grill bars on the 52 Dodge, and bite the bullet and order all the rubber from Steele for the windows but besides that she's pretty much complete.

The 55 Nash Met is next on my list of projects. Body and mechanics are sound but there's little to no interior and its a bit rough around the edges.

The 69 Mustang is my DD. All there but the interior is 40+ years old and it shows...

Looking forward to the summer...

post-2462-13585361097749_thumb.jpg

post-2462-13585361098086_thumb.jpg

Sad to say I've been dragging my feet & haven't restarted my project since bringing it home from showing it at last year's Chrysler nationals @ Carlisle Pa,in the barn find exhibit.

It might have been because just 3 weeks before the show I had the truck fully apart & ready to go to a local soda blaster.Who moved shortly after we got back...

Not to say I haven't been buying stuff for the truck, there's a great deal of parts I'm still looking for. But after look at all these great trucks tonight I need to get back on the job out in the garage!

post-7199-13585361152222_thumb.jpg

post-7199-13585361152521_thumb.jpg

Edited by chudacko
Attach pictures

• 2 weeks later...
48dodgeatbacktothe50s6jq.jpg

Hope you can see this. This is my 1948 B-1-D, 116. It has the original flathead 6, all lights, turn signals and gauges, vacum wipers work. I refinished the bed boards and have since put new tires on the rear since this photo, they were rather bald and weather checked. I have since added 3 kerosene flares to a bracket right behind the driver door mounted to the side of the box, which look cool. I am in the process of looking for rims and fender extensions to convert the rear to duals for that extra tough stance, which is pretty cool already.

Like the new site here!!

Mike

Oakdale, MN

Man that is a great looking truck. I know this is an old post but I was searching for inspiration pictures and this is just plain cool. I've been thinking of a hot rod truck but this makes me want to put it back to stock. Nice job.

• 3 weeks later...
Nice flatbed...and the pin striping on the bumper is an interesting detail, might have to use that on my '52 driver I'm planning. :cool:

Looks like part of its fire engine treatment. Pretty much all the old fire engines used a lot of pinstriping and filigree.

These aren't my trucks, but I thought I'd post them here to show another couple of bumper treatments for you. Notice the first two pictures are of the same engine, one from "back in the day", the other is fairly recent, showing that the engine has been maintained/restored as it was.

post-7130-13585361831373_thumb.jpg

post-7130-13585361831618_thumb.jpg

post-7130-13585361832099_thumb.jpg

It's not a PH, but it's mine. 2nd series 1955 with wrap around windshield, 259 V-8 and 3 on the tree. Originally an Oklahoma truck so the body was really solid. Overhauled (so far): transmission, starter, generator, voltage regulator, master cylinder and brake lines, Olddaddy disc brakes, new bed wood, new wiring (home built harness). I think the photo is attached, but this is my first attempt at posting pics.

post-2810-13585361839564_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Took a little trip down to Parkfield over Memorial Day. The area has some of the most scenic country this side of the central valley, and the best part, not a lot of people.

Beautiful shots. The 3rd one looks almost looks like a sepia. Tell me about the truck's performance with the T5.

Hank :)

Beautiful shots. The 3rd one looks almost looks like a sepia. Tell me about the truck's performance with the T5.

Hank :)

Thanks Hank...yeah my camera has a "color highlight" function I like to use.

The T5 worked great and was sure fun on them one lane hilly roads. I'm having some binding at the pilot bearing now, causing harder shifts, so will have to revisit that once again...

• 1 month later...