Lets see pic of your trucks

Ken_Hart

I love this thread!

Here is my 49 I've brought back form the dead with locally available components. Not much Dodge left unfortunately.

Few little things to finish off before I can drive it.

sIMGP3093.jpg

WOW! So you took a big truck and cut up the fenders to fit when you lowered it ? That's 1 big wheel well:D

WOW! So you took a big truck and cut up the fenders to fit when you lowered it ? That's 1 big wheel well:D

Yep, I moved the wheel opening up and forward. About 2" either way, I cut them out off centre and swapped them left to right.

This is what this truck looked like when I found it, very sad compared to all of the beautiful machines on this site.

dodge.jpg

sDSC02050.jpg

• Like 1

51 Fargo, are you the dude with the crazy burnout video on youtube?:)

Yep....that's him. lol

48D

http://www.youtube.com/user/194853DodgeTrucks?feature=mhum#p/a/f/1/-Fcm0yItOQA

Here is our 1951 woodie:

DSC_0002.JPG

I'm not sure why it's titled as a 1951, even though it's got the older front clip and dashboard. It is all original as far as I know, though the history before about the mid-70s is unknown.

Currently sitting on the frame/drivetrain and a 318 from a mid-80s D150 pickup, though we still have the original unmolested frame/drivetrain.

Here is our 1951 woodie:

I'm not sure why it's titled as a 1951, even though it's got the older front clip and dashboard. It is all original as far as I know, though the history before about the mid-70s is unknown.

That is an awesome truck! :cool: As far as being titled as a '51, it happened a lot to the trucks from this era. A lot of them were titled as the year they were sold, and not by the model year. In the case of the woody, my guess would be that it was probably purchased by the coach builder, and then built up as a woody. Since that process might take some time, the truck was probably bought in '50, then sold sometime in '51, and titled as a '51.

You could probably verify this by checking the ID # on the door and comparing it to the model year numbers.

If you put the ID number in this decoder, it should tell you the model year of the truck...

http://www.t137.com/registry/help/decode.php

Here is our family's 1950 woodie. Purchased new by my grandfather in 1950. Restored by my father in the 80's. I have lots of old pictures from the 50's with my grandfather, dad, etc in the truck. Still runs great but needs some brake work (winter project).

The picture with the boy is my father in approx '51 with a pretty new woodie in the background. I still have the water bag that was hung off the bumper to keep drinking water cold.

Jeremy

post-2645-13585358166113_thumb.jpg

post-2645-1358535816637_thumb.jpg

• Like 2