• NV,NM,CO,UT,AZ, TX, Mex
    • WY, ID, MT, OR ,WS, AK, BC, Alberta
    • CA
    • Europe, Central/South America, Offshore, Hawaii, Other

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to many MN guys chiming in here. Just me and Andy so far. I've seen Andys p15 but before it was his. Someday we'll have to get together.

Ed, there's no time like the present. I don't know how many times I've heard that statement, or made it myself. Then things happen, you keep putting it off and you never get together because of it. So........I don't say that anymore, I just try to make a date to do it right away. Then it gets done.

He's not exactly close by. Even though its the same state its a good couple hour drive to where he is. I still intend to make it over to WI to meet you and Merle and maybe a couple other guys from the area.

Ed,

All I was doing was pointing out what happens to me and probably everyone else. It's even happened when I planned to go to Kentucky to visit my mother and relatives. Use to tell them I'd be down sometime in the spring or summer without setting a date. Then that would stretch out to about the end of October, then I'd have to make it there. The last few years now I give them a date like the second week of June or July for example. That commits me to being there unless some emergency comes up. It's easier to put things off if no date or tentative date is set. Wasn't saying you'd never get together Andy, just pointing out human nature. I think we all understood why you didn't make it down last winter at our get together. That is a long haul for you to make in January.

Same thing use to happen with my wife and one of her friends right here in town. They finally started setting dates on the phone right away. Now they get together about ever 6 weeks or so, simply because they set a date for the next meeting before coming home. Yes, they change those dates often, but there is always a date regardless if it gets changed or not. Wife just writes it in her calender and sets that time aside right away.

Maybe we should start planning the next get together already then :D It would be nice to get over there in an old car so you guys can see one of my rides in person. The dakota is no fun to show off :D

Ed, I don't have a problem with that, except would have to be before the 1st of November or after the first of the year. November and December are bad for me because of the holidays. Last year no one drove their old cars due to being in January. Even in good weather though I won't drive my coupe more than about 50 miles from home. (There's an opening for Don C. to rag on me.:) ) Any further than that, I'd just drive one of the modern cars.

Norm I suspect most of us are busy those times. Maybe not early Nov but certainly the 2nd half and then dec. My cars are stored where I cant get them from about late oct until march or so. The truck will be 10-27 until the end of march. The coupe is at the cabin so I could delay that one a little bit possibly. So I'd probably have to drive modern too unless its next spring.

Up North in Finland...

dodge013ix4.jpg

Interesting enough, but the votes are very evenly spread all over the locations so far.

P.S.

The photo below was taken yesterday, no snow yet, not for a month at least I hope.

sep07039dc3.jpg

Please answer this poll no real addresses but general geographic area. After banging around in NC with some of the other guys, I realized how much fun it is to get together. I know some of you folks already do. I feel a bit isolated here in the northeast so it would be great to get an indication of how many are out there and might be willing to meet up for another put a face to a name session.

Riverside RI 02915

Guest Dave Claussen

I live not far from Niel Hoback. Just a stones throw east in next town over in northwest Indiana. Life long resident, probably always will be, family ties and all. Hot summers, cold winters, sometimes both in the same day! Gotta love it.

Northwest Indiana, next door to the murder capitol on the nation.

Niel, it's possible we crossed paths at one time or another. Started my selling career in Chicago in 1968. Use to call on all the steel mills in southern Chicago and northern Indiana. Spent a lot of time walking around in all those mills. A lot of that machinery was set with an anchoring and grouting material we sold then. Also sold a lot of flooring and roofing products in them over the years. Still have a Hard Hat that a Maintenance Supervisor gave me on my first visit to US Steel back in 1968. Those were the good old days.

Last I heard (about 15 years ago) my ex brother in law also lives in Hobart.