trans mount

dr47

when i put the motor and trans back in the 51 ply, i put the mounts and bolts that where in the car when i got it ,not knowing there should have been a two piece mount on each side of the trans .all i had was the upper mount and few washers does any one have a diagram of the way they should be installed  with correct washer and bolts is there some kind of sleeve  the bolt should go through.thanks

I assume you are referring to the bell housing mounts?

Do search on this forum using the part name above and I am sure you will see some answers for you inquiry. It was recently talked about with diagrams for proper install.

Good luck!

DJ

52 minutes ago, dr47 said:

when i put the motor and trans back in the 51 ply, i put the mounts and bolts that where in the car when i got it ,not knowing there should have been a two piece mount on each side of the trans .all i had was the upper mount and few washers does any one have a diagram of the way they should be installed  with correct washer and bolts is there some kind of sleeve  the bolt should go through.thanks

Much discussion on trans mounts in this thread:

http://p15-d24.com/topic/50844-engine-mounts-p15-caution/?tab=comments#comment-539481

• Like 1

DR47:  You should get a parts book and a service manual for your car. This is the basic information that you should have to support the maintenance.  You can get reprints and these will answer your questions and also help when doing other repairs.  I am not trying to reply with a smart answer but you need these two manuals for your car.

Rich HArtung

desoto1939@aol.com

48 minutes ago, dr47 said:

I have a service manual for my 51 but there is not much info on motor mounts bolts or if there any type of sleeve the bolt goes through ,

Here is the illustration in my manual that includes the '51:

transmission-10.jpg.23756155931576a870416dc489f508b6.jpg