Where can i find the drum break pistons for 1953 plymouth Belvedere rear

DavidJose1

these cylinder assemblies are available through most any big box parts house….Rock Auto also if you wish to mail order is just another example of where you can get these.  I personally say give you local a chance, if problems arise he is your best bet for exchange and service verse out of town suppliers.  

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=4385364&cc=1349838&jsn=360

as an added note, often some of these cylinders have different piston depths for the actuator pins...do save your pins they will be needed for install, also just don't chunk your old cylinders as you may need to mic this depth to adjust for shoe seating purposes.  This has been a problem with some folks on other older models...may or may not apply...just an FYI

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

according to my wagner brake catalog the piston  and cup for the Chrysler product for your year is wagner part number  FC12136 1 1/8 inches.  So if you go to a good parts store this should help you get the correct part for your car. The piston is the same for both upper and lower cylinders.

Rich Hartung

desoto1939@aol.com 

Amazon carries them and also confirm dpollo's part # as correct part for your Belevedere!

$68 bucks and free shipping.

Seems like a lot to me but, ...?

DJ