'48 B1B... Hood support brackets??

gtech636p

The supports that go from the center of the hood to the edges.  Mine are rusted fairly heavily and have actually contributed to the holes in the sides of my hood.  The rusted metal has been cut out ans is slated to be replaced, but are the braces under the hood remanned anywhere?  I'd like to replace these at the same time.

Kinda doubtful that those braces are made by anybody now...those hoods were only made for 3 model years on a truck that represented less than 10% of the total truck market back then so your best bet is to find some original hoods that are OK or to fab up your own.

1 hour ago, 48Dodger said:

Do they have the rubber cap on the end of the support? Most are missing as they rot off etc.....

48D  

DCM has the caps on their site.

I'm really bad about reading the first response and then not following up on threads... for now I decided to just patch the hood material and leave the bracing alone.  I did receive a question about what I was referring to, and I may be breaking rules by hotlinking pics that don't belong to me, but I was trying to refer to the underhood braces seen in the pic below:

1949-dodge-pickup-truck-pilothouse-3.jpg

That appears to be a 51-53 with the rare VW camper shell package....

So most of the responses were for a 48-50 truck. Sounds like you found a fix.

Thumbs up!

48D

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, 48Dodger said:

So most of the responses were for a 48-50 truck. Sounds like you found a fix.

Thumbs up!

48D

visual aid
3A44FAE9-DDE4-44A6-BF7D-147191DE3D4F.jpeg.21bc0f2be0ba98e96b05c42c5deb0d94.jpeg

I kinda like the double support.... maybe this way the center section won’t tear ?