Model 62 Truck Master Manual

Awca12a

The heater on my 1952 B-3-B decided to stop working and before I take it apart and make guesses, I was hoping someone had a manual for the 62 or perhaps the 65 that they could post to the manuals section.   Figure that while the gauges are out being serviced, I'd take apart all other stuff that might have a long lead time line the leaking oil filter housing and the heater assembly.

Thank You  

IMG_4733 - red.jpg

Just now, tom'sB2B said:

My wife would say that is a perfect spot for them ??

I would have to agree with you.

My other truck had the controls on the left side of the steering column.

But this was a after market option, not a factory installed option.

The owner could tell the dealer where to put them.

Simply is no right or wrong where they are located. Just is what it is.

As the heater assembly was a post-production option, Mopar suggested the control assembly be installed to the left of the steering column with mounting holes located on the dash flange...however, I have seen more than one example online and in person that the heater controls could be located in a variety of locations...on B-1s, I have seen several examples where the full controls were located directly below the ignition key; I have also seen heater and fan controls (without defrost or fresh air ctrls) mounted in the blank dash area above the steering column on B-1s and B-3s; and on a few B-3s, I have seen full controls mounted in the blank dash area above the ignition key so that there were 8 knobs stacked neatly in 2 rows (my favorite looking configuration)...as long as the controls work, are accessible and ya don't bang your knees on them, then that's good enough for me and I don't think Mopar will void the heater warranty...

As for the heater in question, is the fan not working?  Bypassing the switch to energize the motor can determine if the switch or the motor is at fault :cool:

2 hours ago, JBNeal said:

As the heater assembly was a post-production option, Mopar suggested the control assembly be installed to the left of the steering column with mounting holes located on the dash flange...however, I have seen more than one example online and in person that the heater controls could be located in a variety of locations...on B-1s, I have seen several examples where the full controls were located directly below the ignition key; I have also seen heater and fan controls (without defrost or fresh air ctrls) mounted in the blank dash area above the steering column on B-1s and B-3s; and on a few B-3s, I have seen full controls mounted in the blank dash area above the ignition key so that there were 8 knobs stacked neatly in 2 rows (my favorite looking configuration)...as long as the controls work, are accessible and ya don't bang your knees on them, then that's good enough for me and I don't think Mopar will void the heater warranty...

As for the heater in question, is the fan not working?  Bypassing the switch to energize the motor can determine if the switch or the motor is at fault :cool:

under the center section they get in the way for the cowl vent lever and parking brake pull handle on B3/B4 trucks...pretty sure that is is why they wanted it on the left.... ?

now walking away from this.

• 2 weeks later...