55 Cadillac 2 door HT

casper50

When I went and removed the 55 Pontiac wagon parts I saw this sitting in the back of the shop.  Supposedly rebuilt engine.  Rockers are toast I haven't been able to look any closer.  Going back up tomorrow and will check the floors and trunk.

55 cad 5.jpg

55 cad 6.jpg

55 cad1.jpg

That Caddy needs to be restored.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

That Caddy needs to be restored.

I agree. That would be a great start for a project. Looks like all the trim is there and even the bumpers look pretty decent. Look at those Dagmars!! If the engine has been rebuilt that would be a huge plus! I've enjoyed your videos on the '55 Pontiac so much I would love to see the same on your '55 Caddy if you buy it. Please keep us updated!

Very, very desirable car. ?

Buy it if your wallet is fat enough-- Will you take payments?? ?

DJ

8 minutes ago, casper50 said:

He wants $3000 for it.  Has all the trim that isn't on it as well.  I'm thinking about it hard as that isn't a bad price.

I once knew a old retired brick layer, his nickname was Cadillac.

He had a few of these old 50's Cadillac's fully restored. And a 2 acre storage lot with many other Cadillac's  in various condition.

His entire working career, he drove these old Cadillac's, the trunk was big enough to put all his brick laying tools in, including a brick saw if needed.

Usually he worked for another company and had a lot of out of town traveling, just needed his hand tools.

He was a very colorful person to talk to, big ol straw cowboy hat, always a cigar in his mouth, always had a smile and a story. He was 78-80 at this time 20 years ago.

MapQuest places it 3600 miles and 62 driving hours away.  About 2500 miles closer would make it very tempting.  I don't know where I'd put it or when I could work on it but I'd sure like to have it.  Oh well (sigh).

14 hours ago, casper50 said:

I still have one to finish and my daughter's 53 GMC waiting.  It would be awhile although the 53 shouldn't take too long.

You need to buy it!  It deserves and owner like you to work on it...……….and post videos for the rest of us!:)

well if the Caddy frame is junk he can do a frame and engine swap with a Chrysler!  ?

DJ

• Haha 1

Like lots of stuff, this brings back memories. In this case of hooking up with a girl who had a Caddy with that automatic dimmer. I don't remember much about the Caddy but this sure made me remember her, even 50+ years later.. I don't know which I remember the best, the Caddy, the blonde hair and blue eyes, more than likely the green mini-dress and white go-go boots.. ?

• 2 weeks later...