Marker Light Sheetmetal Damage - (on a 1951 B3B)

if I'm remembering right the way that mounts there is gap back there AND there should be a weep hole in the "door" to let moisture drain.  I haven't seen much debris in ones I've removed in the wild.  Don't over think it too much.

17 hours ago, ggdad1951 said:

if I'm remembering right the way that mounts there is gap back there AND there should be a weep hole in the "door" to let moisture drain.  I haven't seen much debris in ones I've removed in the wild.  Don't over think it too much.

from what I’ve seen “in the wild” debris slides down the nose, behind the whisker and the “door” sits there plugging up the “weep” holes and rots out the thin metal......  all I was saying is, with a larger hole, road muck could also contribute to that awesome 1/16 weep hole plugging.

Edited by Brent B3B
photo deleted

another deficiency of the B-3s...that trim piece I've seen on parts trucks and survivors full of dirt, sand and rust ranging from pinholes to rot...they designed a gap in there, but it clogs up quick from roostertails flung on unimproved roads :cool:

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Brent B3B said:

1B2DBF3B-C87A-4F99-9981-3F75DDD7B627.jpeg.c9cb737747992b19cc24e4e85f722cc7.jpeg

from what I’ve seen “in the wild” debris slides down the nose, behind the whisker and the “door” sits there plugging up the “weep” holes and rots out the thin metal......  all I was saying is, with a larger hole, road muck could also contribute to that awesome 1/16 weep hole plugging.

I think the larger contributor to any mythical crud getting in there isn't from the hole for the wire to pass thru, but from between the whisker and the body panel.  That being said, I think your image above's bigger contributor would be the missing door, glass, and reflector allowing crud to settle there.  Even ART by my firepit has whiskers that are solid and he's likely never had a wash in his life, much less someone worrying about crud.  PUMA also has solid whiskers....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ggdad1951 said:

I think the larger contributor to any mythical crud getting in there isn't from the hole for the wire to pass thru, but from between the whisker and the body panel.  That being said, I think your image above's bigger contributor would be the missing door, glass, and reflector allowing crud to settle there.  Even ART by my firepit has whiskers that are solid and he's likely never had a wash in his life, much less someone worrying about crud.  PUMA also has solid whiskers....

"chicken or the egg" the door and glass fell off because the metal holding the door screws rotted away...... :P

that is the nice thing about being friends, "we can agree to disagree" :) 

but, it's funny you keep challenging me on Glenn's threads. sorry again Glenn, i'll refrain from future attempts to help (way to time consuming trying to defend myself)