Is it possible to get a build sheet?

lostviking

I'm wondering if it is possible to get a build sheet for a 46 WD15. I picked up the "original engine" today, but when I looked at the numbers it's a T112, not T114. The build code when I decipher my VIN shows T114, but I don't know if that for sure means it had a T114 serial number engine. I can see that the T112 did come in WD15's and was made in 218 versions. But I don't know for sure that this is the original motor now.

I've got a 58 230cid motor in the truck that runs fine. I don't know for sure the condition of the T112, I'm still taking it apart. I have all the head bolts loose, one did break off so that's fun for the future. I should have let the WD40 sit until next weekend and kept reapplying...but I didn't. All the rest came out, but I was too tired to pull the head off. I've got the whole thing strapped down over the head to a custom cart I got from the guy who sold me the truck. I'll have to undo that before I can remove the head. I do intend to pull the head and the manifolds still. I pulled the bell housing and clutch/flywheel already.

Edited by lostviking

last I knew you could contact the Chrysler historical society and get a copy.  But it's been a few years so no idea if they are still doing that.

Historical Services

CIMS 410-11-21

12501 Chrysler Freeway

Detroit, MI 48288

I requested mine from the above address in February and received a copy in March. I recall having to submit a copy of the title/proof of ownership that included the serial number. I don’t believe there was any fee and received a letter of explanation regarding some possible losses of records. Really, I was pretty amazed that it could still be found and appeared to be accurate.

798EF18F-4FDE-4C7D-92F2-87158965E2DF.jpeg

15 hours ago, ggdad1951 said:

last I knew you could contact the Chrysler historical society and get a copy.  But it's been a few years so no idea if they are still doing that.

Historical Services

CIMS 410-11-21

12501 Chrysler Freeway

Detroit, MI 48288

Thank you. I'll send off a request. I see from the one posted in the next posting that the motor number is included, so that is exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...