Water in oil (condensation) in my 251 engine

JBNeal now I understood.The first pic is mine engine with its oil filler tube CAP that does not allow the air enter to the crankcase.The second pic is from Bradley he sent me years ago,with filter in the crankcase filler tube.Thanks.

Diversos novembro 2014 033.jpg

Dodge Bradley engine oil dipstick..jpg

• Thanks 1

The filler cap you have looks similar to what is used on Power Wagons that were built with PCV systems...this seals off the engine crankcase to allow the engine to be partially submerged when fording bodies of water,  protecting the engine internals from water exposure, but also has the added benefit of redirecting blowby gases and condensation back through the combustion chamber...notice on the crankcase breather setup that the fill pipe is cylindrical and not flared out, as the crankcase breather simply slips onto the fill pipe...the fill pipe also has an indention to properly align the breather cap (which has a matching raised area) to keep its opening away from the radiator :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2019 at 7:57 PM, Reg Evans said:

Yup, Hopefully it's only a blown head gasket and not a cracked block or worse...….a vandal.

We withdrew the head today.The water was not entering through the cylinders because they were clear.We noticed a front hole on the block and head clogged(why?).Shall we unclog this front hole?The gasket is all parched.I own this PU since 1987 and never changed this gasket.

DSCN6103.JPG

DSCN6101.JPG

Before and after.The water pump bypass hole was uncloged today.I have to unclog the same hole on the block too.I weird the decrease of combustion chamber.The compression ratio should increase.The head was not straight.The lathe withdrew 0,4mm.My friend sad me to use NGK B4 spark plug instead B6.

DSCN6102.JPG

DSCN6118.JPG

12 minutes ago, JBNeal said:

You might want to verify piston clearance to the head before startup...that machined head looks like it will be really close...

?

STEVAUX gasket.(NOS)

DSCN6114.JPG

DSCN6115.JPG

DSCN6116.JPG

DSCN6117.JPG

55 minutes ago, Jeff Balazs said:

I agree that pictures can be deceiving........but this looks like a very close check is warranted.

I am sure Fernando would rather not find out the hard way.

Jeff

Jeff, note that the "before" pic has the same piston side mark as the "after" pic.Another thing how can only 0,4mm,almost half milimeter,damage a head?The professional that did this service has 50 years working in this.

On 10/28/2019 at 9:40 PM, JBNeal said:

Today I am trying to unclog the water pump bypass hole with my screwdriver(7 mm drill) but I am worried in damage the water jacket.First exited a piece of rubber now is exiting iron chips.Number 1 head piston is all corroded I think is because this hole was cloged.The other pistons is ok.All the pistons are still standard.

DSCN6134.JPG

DSCN6133.JPG

DSCN6135.JPG

That hole isn't very deep. It connects to another port that goes forward into your water pump. This allows a small amount of coolant flow within the head to bypass the thermostat and return to the pump to ensure enough coolant flow to avoid hot spots during the warm-up process. It also ensures that the hotter coolant finds its way up to the thermostat so that it will open when needed.

Ok.I stopped the work in the morning yet.I was worried in damage the water jacket and waited more information of you.Now I saw the horizontal port that connects with its water pump.It has pieces of rubber inside.Thanks.

If you have pieces of rubber in your cooling system you may have a hose deteriorating and coming apart. May be time to remove, inspect, and/or replace your hoses. Or, could it be pieces of silicone sealant from someone getting too generous with RTV silicone on a gasket?

2 hours ago, Merle Coggins said:

If you have pieces of rubber in your cooling system you may have a hose deteriorating and coming apart. May be time to remove, inspect, and/or replace your hoses. Or, could it be pieces of silicone sealant from someone getting too generous with RTV silicone on a gasket?

?Thanks very much Merle.

Today I withdrew the water pump to see if exist communication with the bypass hole on the block but not exist.See the pics.The hole that not exist in the water pump would be in the point of the red pen.

DSCN6162.JPG

DSCN6163.JPG

That water pump is definitely a problem as it is not allowing coolant to bypass the thermostat when the thermostat is closed;  your water pump was originally designed for flatheads with the external thermostat bypass.  The castings for the 2 different water pumps are also different, so a bypass hole cannot be drilled into your pump back plate to allow coolant to flow.  New replacement water pumps are made to accommodate both internal and external thermostat bypass systems...

Here's a recent discussion about water pump replacement options :cool: