Trying again

wow Bud,

your son is helping you? very nice! those headlights look like a ton of work!

that grille looks familiar for some reason.....

keep up the great work and progress 

Nice truck, the proportions look good and I like the curved bed rail, that's a nice touch.  Out of curiosity what are you planning for the cut down corner windows, I can't imagine it will be possible to cut the curved glass.

18 minutes ago, rhelm1953 said:

Nice truck, the proportions look good and I like the curved bed rail, that's a nice touch.  Out of curiosity what are you planning for the cut down corner windows, I can't imagine it will be possible to cut the curved glass.

since the side windows are now the same height as the rear and corner windows I'm guessing he cut around those. Bud is that right?

2 hours ago, Brent B3B said:

wow Bud,

your son is helping you? very nice! those headlights look like a ton of work!

that grille looks familiar for some reason.....

keep up the great work and progress 

LOL! I fired my son. After 8 years of promises, I  told him if I waited for him to get the bodywork done I would be too old to drive it, so I finished it myself.  The headlights and fender tips are 53-54 Buick. I actually had a blast doing those. Did I get the grille from you? It’s been so long, I can’t remember anymore. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Very nice to see this back and progressing. I love the proportions - I always twitch when guys chop these trucks and chop the rear window(s) instead of doing what you did. This approach just makes more sense to me and it looks right in practice.

2 hours ago, HotRodTractor said:

Very nice to see this back and progressing. I love the proportions - I always twitch when guys chop these trucks and chop the rear window(s) instead of doing what you did. This approach just makes more sense to me and it looks right in practice.

agreed, the chop brings the rear windows closer in size to the doors now as well...looks balanced.

Unless you lean the A pillars back, you have to add about a 1 1/2 to 2" strip.  That's what it took when I did a 3 5/8" chop on mine.  When he moved the upper windshield edge down, that took another strip.

That's a good way to do it if you have the pieces to spare.  I remember now that's how you did it..  Spare doors for the gap in the top of the door frame?  Probably one piece glass as well.  I'm going to try to retain  the vent windows.  Good to see you back.