The P-15 Picnic (UK)

Robin (UK)

We just held our 5th Annual P-15 Picnic in England and were delighted to welcome a record number of owners and cars for two days of Plymouth-filled fun.
With Mark joining us from the USA, Tommi travelling from Finland, Martin from Sweden and cars gathering from all over the UK, it was a very special weekend.
The weather wasn't great, but the atmosphere was superb, with cruise-outs to two local museums and a lovely dinner and dancing at the hotel.
The line-up of cars was truly impressive, with a total of fifteen P15s or derivatives and several 'guest' classics.
We'll be doing it all again in September 2020... you're all welcome to join us!

Here's the roll of honor:

1946–1948 Plymouth and Derivatives:

• 242 UYE - 4-Door Sedan - John & Elly
  • 424 YUJ - Business Coupe – Simon & Julie
  • 562 YUG – Convertible Coupe – Chris & Rebecca
  • 763 UYX – 4-Door Sedan (D25) - Richard & Karen
  • 774 UXB – 4-Door Sedan - Garry & Gaynor
  • 782 XUL – 2-Door Sedan - Dean & Joyce
  • 977 XUP – Club Coupe - Colin & Liz
  • ESK 523 – Club Coupe – Mel & Sue
  • MSJ 674 – Club Coupe - Ian & Marie
  • UVS 437 – Club Coupe (SP15) - Dusty & Deb
  • WXG 507 – Business Coupe – Tony & Dawna
  • WXG 932 - Business Coupe – Alan & Annette
  • XAS 458 – Convertible Coupe – Robin & Colette
  • YVL 306 – Business Coupe - Terry & Amanda
  • YWG 566 – Club Coupe - Steve & Hayley

1946–1948 Chrysler:

• 268 XUR - Club Coupe – William

Guest Cars:

• 1927 Ford T Hot Rod
  • 1937 Plymouth – Russ & Steph
  • 1938 Ford
  • 1939 Dodge – Simon
  • 1940 Plymouth – Nigel & Jan
  • 1947 Nash – Bob & Irene
  • 1948 Chevrolet – Richard & Lynne
  • 1953 Buick
  • 1953 Plymouth Convertible – Paul & Rita
  • 1953 Chevrolet – Rob & Sue
  • 1975(?) Dodge Truck – Spud & Katie

1.jpeg

2.JPG

3.jpg

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

Edited by Robin (UK)
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

You did another great, get to gather of P-15's. A beautiful display of  cars. That's my kind of a car show.  I'd like to see some of the owners, join the forum , and tell their story, of how their car survived and what had to be done to restore. Thank You, for the pictures.

• Like 1

Great weekend, Great people, Thanks go to Robin and crew for organising the event.

Looking forward to next year.

On 10/2/2019 at 6:36 AM, 9 foot box said:

I'd like to see some of the owners, join the forum , and tell their story, of how their car survived and what had to be done to restore.

Mines the Grey Bus. Coupe in the first photo been on the forum since 2013,  car was imported by the previous owner in 2012. It was built in L.A. and been around the San Francisco area for most of it's live that i know about.

I've had to completely replace brakes, fit new fuel tank and have a new prop shaft made in the time I've owned it. Jobs for this winter include new screen rubber, investigate a knocking in the engine and fit new rear shackle bushes.

regards to all ........ Simon.

• Like 1

Following Simon's lead, I'll chip in too.
I own the red Convertible.
I imported the car to the UK 15 years ago but have been on the Forum longer than that, as I previously owned a P15 Club Coupe.
Since i got it, my car's undergone a bit of a 'high school hop up' and now runs dual carbs through an Edmunds intake, Fenton headers with twin exhausts, Fenton finned ali head, and an R10 overdrive transmission.
The rear has been lowered 1.5 inches, it wears fender skirts with '41 Buick trims, blu-dot rear lenses, half-moon headlamp shields, Mopar electric gas cap and Hollywood flipper hubcaps.
My convertible was supplied new on 3rd September 1947 by Gettysburg Motors in Pennsylvania and remained in Gettysburg until I bought it in 2004.

IMG_2124 edit.jpg

Thank You, Simon and Robin. It doesn't seem as expensive to get parts, between England and the USA, as it does to get parts between the USA and Canada. My wife and I dressed in period correct clothing, sometimes, when she owned her Black 1936 Terraplane suicide 4dr. The dinner pictures reminded me of that. So, I have a dinner date with my wife on her Birthday 11/26. If I can't drive my 49 P-15, depends on the weather, we'll be dressed to the nine, anyway. I'll start my own thread to show my car's to you and others, soon. Thank's again.

• Like 1

Unfortunately me and Debbie were booked to go but couldn't make it so I will put up some pictures of my 1941 Dodge luxury liner that I have had since 2017 had loads of work done now fluid drive seal new headlights new prop shaft and a cleverly installed  turn signals and brake light ( thanks to colin)

IMG_0689.JPG

IMG_0703.JPG

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mark D said:

My second year flying over to the UK and attending the picnic. So well received and had so much fun. I hope I can keep attending for many years to come!

Cheesecake, Guinness and a P-15 Picnic souvenir notebook... The perfect table setting!
It was great to see you again Mark.

• Like 1