sequence of answers to a posting

Go Fleiter

Hello all,

couldn´t find a function to change the order of the answers to a posting

from oldest first (as mine is now) to newest first.

Is it possible to change??

I find it annoying, particularly when a posting has page 2 and 3 ...

The postings themselves here are in my preferred order :

the one with the latest addition first.

Thanks for hints!

Greetings! Go

I can understand your annoyance but I think its better as it is, having said that I'm no expert nor moderator and it seems that the oldest first appears to be the way these threads are done on the internet, well, at least on the couple of forums I'm on.........I don't do facebook, tweeter or any social media apart from a couple of car forums and don't have a mobile phone so what do I know......lol...............regards from Oztralia.........andyd 

if there is a new post to a thread, click on the black dot and NOT THE THREAD...clicking the black dot should take you to the first UNREAD reply in that thread.  If you just click on the title of the thread it will take you to first entry and list it oldest to newest...you can also hover on the thread and preview...the opening comment and allow you to then read latest post.  If you have a dark star instead of a dot...it still means new and go to first unread it is just the star says you have a thread entry in the topic.

And after using the "dot" to get to the first unread post in a thread and reading the threads you are interested in, hit the "Mark forum as Read" link so only the threads with new posts will show in bold text next time you visit the forum.

Edited by Sam Buchanan

Click on  the unread content, then instead of selecting the thread go over to the right column, that shows the latest poster and the length of time since the post was submitted.

If it's been a while since your last looking, you will only need to go through the last two or three to etc currant.

Edited by greg g