Not the same Plymouth

59bisquik

2 hours ago, Los_Control said:

Just think how cool you would look, big and littles,  Full fenders .... I bet @HotRodTractor be wanting one of these  :D

You know me well! :D

I do want to add a Silver King or a Plymouth to my collection. First - though I want to add an actual Chrysler powered tractor to my collection. I have one I am going to look at on Saturday actually..... I was already planning on taking a lot of pictures because I am sure many people have never seen a WWII surplus Chrysler powered tractor before - this one has a 230ci engine, fluid drive, 5 speed??? truck trans (what I have been told), a 2:1 gearbox that was tank surplus, and a truck rear axle with planetary gearboxes on the ends.

• Like 1

The Wiscasset, Waterville, & Farmington Railway Museum in Alna, ME has a 2ft. gauge Plymouth "diesel/hydraulic" locomotive in their collection that dose the brunt of their heavy work.  Apparently, 2ft. narrow gauge railroads were a thing in Maine until WW2, there are still 3 of them operating as tourist destinations. 

• 2 weeks later...

The one I mentioned is about 1/2 way between Alna and Wiscasset, not quite 5 miles northeast of Wiscasset.  The Sandy River & Rangeley Lakes Railroad is in Phillips, and the Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum is on the Casco Bay waterfront in Portland, next to the ferry terminal.