Harmonic Balancer, Motor Vibration

petermilo1

On a 218, Replaced motor mounts, spark plugs,  HV wires, Flywheel, Disc,  Pressure plate.

Can someone tell me where i can get a harmonic balancer. As i increase the rpm's the engine will

start to vibrate. the engine only has a pulley. I'm thinking the balancer  will stop the vibration.

Ok..........we have recently chewed on engine vibration problems, below are a couple of threads you will want to read:

http://p15-d24.com/topic/50844-engine-mounts-p15-caution/?tab=comments#comment-539481

http://p15-d24.com/topic/50729-48-p15-clutchengine-mount-questions/?tab=comments#comment-538165

You may need a balancer but you need to know about the known engine mount issues before spending a lot of time and effort on a balancer.

The 41 Plymouth I had the crank pulley was rivetted onto the crank hub and the rivets and/or join  had come loose, I obtained what I thought was the correct hub but was slightly different..........I ended up using tack welds on the hub and pulley equidistant around the edges where they joined........fixed the problem..........andyd

most Plymouths did not have the harmonic balancer  however a mechanic I knew had worked in dealerships when these cars were new told me that  if a customer complained about an engine which was not really smooth, the installation of a balancer from a Dodge would often correct the problem,   Other sources of vibration should be looked for, like rear mounts that are too firm, a pressure plate which is not well balanced, fan blades and so on.   

on my own car, bad ignition wires of the carbon fiber type set up what seemed to be a vibration on an engine which I had balanced/