polished steel

Jerry Roberts

11 hours ago, Jerry Roberts said:

Yup , he mentioned that he is now selling it because he now can't use it , as it is too pretty . Not not worthless however as he has several bids . 

the point I was making....it is still an excellent tool....it is also a Wilton...very top of the line brand name...I would not be surprised if he contacted Wilton they may wish to buy this back just to have that in their showcase.....many hours represented here....could have been therapy, exercise in patience...or to do what no other has done...

I been in some assembly shops that look like labs where cleanliness is a top priority. A polished vise like that is easy to keep clean. I could see it with some brass jaws and a hammering plate over the top of those areas. Add a lug  where it bolts down to a table to attach welding lead and use some fire blanket when welding. Good steel so the polished finish should hold up well though maybe not as good as the finish on a Snap-on wrench it would be overkill for my place.