I am deeply saddened...

MackTheFinger

Jesse started working for me as a laborer right after he graduated high school. He worked for me until the economy collapsed in 1980 and then went to Dallas looking for work. I only saw him a few times after that. He'd drop by unannounced with a big old grin on his face and a six-pack in his hand and we'd spend some time remembering the good ol' days when we were all "young and viral" as Jess would put it. I don't know that I ever knew anyone who worked harder than he did and he reaped the rewards of a life lived hard. 

R.I.P. Jesse!!

http://hutchingsfuneralchapel.com/obits.asp?form=obituary&ID=725

We should all be lucky enough to have someone who loves us enough to write such a fine obituary.

Edited by MackTheFinger
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Thank you for posting the testimony of yours and others remembering your former employee and friend .. It appears he earned the respect of many including close relatives..Sorry for your loss....

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, T120 said:

Thank you for posting the testimony of yours and others remembering your former employee and friend .. It appears he earned the respect of many including close relatives..Sorry for your loss....

Thanks for your response. I really appreciate it. 

Mack,When I read your post, my wife and I had just come home from a get together with friends this past weekend. One couple that we much admire and enjoy their company had some tough luck this past year including a wildfire that came very close to completely destroying their farm and crop. Apart from the grass fire, they lost a long time friend who died this past summer. While my friend and his buddy shared some common interests and were both some what competitive; my good friend, ( fortunately, who was able to visit his pal until the end), said to me - "You know, over all the years we knew each other,( both now in their eighties), I don't remember that we ever exchanged a cross word". Your post kinda stuck a chord when I read it...Sometimes,I ramble on .? 

• Like 1