Intro- Hi from CA

FourDoris

Hi all,

I've been lurking here for a little while. I bought my first flathead powered car this year and am finding great info on here! Figure I should introduce myself ?

This year I bought another 1933 Plymouth sedan. This one is an original survivor complete with the original 189 straight six. My first '33 was meant to be more of a hotrod. I learned that building a car from the ground up was just a little too much project for me. It's been mostly sitting for the better part of 10 years. Then my husband talked some sense into me... why not just buy one that's already running. That landed me to my current '33 and we sold the hotrod. 

If anyone is interested in measurements/ differences between the PC and PD models, I can give you info. I took a lot of details shots of the two cars together while I still could. The hotrod was a PC, the black one a PD.

Here's some photos of my new to me car.

~Melissa

IMG_3120.jpg

IMG_3117.jpg

IMG_3122.jpg

• Like 6

Hey cool….another 33 Plymouth owner.  Welcome to the forum with your nice cars. My first car in 1965 was a 33 Plym PD.  I had to sell it a few years later due to a lack of storage and I final found another on just like it a few years ago.  It is a very original car with lots of little scratches and dings and I'll be leaving it that way.

33 Plymouth 1.jpg

Edited by Reg Evans
  • Like 1

Melissa.....what are the differences between the two models?............nice cars BTW.........welcome aboard from Oz...........andyd

7 hours ago, Reg Evans said:

Hey cool….another 33 Plymouth owner.  My first car in 1965 was a 33 Plym PD.  I had to sell it a few years later due to a lack of storage and I final found another on just like it a few years ago.  It is a very original car with lots of little scratches and dings and I'll be leaving it that way.

33 Plymouth 1.jpg

NIce car! It's always awesome to meet other '33 owners! Amazing how well some of them survived through the years!

7 hours ago, Andydodge said:

Melissa.....what are the differences between the two models?............nice cars BTW.........welcome aboard from Oz...........andyd

There may be other differences, chime in if you know it. Our main challenge when the focus was on collecting all the parts to complete the PC was getting correct sets of hood sides. Then having the two models side by side was really interesting in the end. 

From my experience with these two cars, the PD is 3" longer through the front. You see the difference in the length of the hood and front fenders.

The front fender length from notch to the corner of the running board is 3" longer.

PD= 16"

PC=13"

The hood panels on the PD are 2 1/2" longer.

PD=45 1/2"

PC= 43"

The radiator cap on the PD is part of the hood ornament and is accessible on the top of grill shroud. The radiator cap on the PC is accessible off the side, from inside the engine compartment.

The PD dash has a glove compartment while the PC does not.

Here are a few photos with measurements for those needing to ID parts. 

IMG_3118.jpg

IMG_3151.jpg

IMG_7435.jpg

Edited by FourDoris
  • Like 1

So the PD is the longer deluxe model...........I bet those differences have driven 33 Plymouth owners/restorers/rodders mad for yrs.........lol......ain't old cars fun?............lol..........andyd

When we purchased the body and frame of the PC, the guy selling it was convinced it was a 34 Ford. LOL sure. You can call it Susan if you like so long as the price makes sense. Old cars are funny that way.

The green Caddy is my husbands car... a 1941 Cadillac Series 62 with a little upgrade, a 500 engine. He found it like that and is keeping it that way for now. He would really would prefer the original setup with the flathead. It has other more urgent needs anyway. Here's the glamour shot. 

IMG_4479.JPG

IMG_4483.JPG

IMG_7043.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Melissa. Good to see another 1933 Plymouth owner here.

Where are you located in "CA" (I assume California rather than Canada)?

Good summary of differences between PC and PD. FWIW, I am the Plymouth Owners Club's technical advisor for the 1933 models. Most of what I've learned I've put on my vanity website at https://www.ply33.com

14 hours ago, Andydodge said:

So the PD is the longer deluxe model...........I bet those differences have driven 33 Plymouth owners/restorers/rodders mad for yrs.........lol......ain't old cars fun?............lol..........andyd

Worse than that, there were a bunch of running changes, especially on the PC/PCXX.

3 hours ago, TodFitch said:

Welcome aboard Melissa. Good to see another 1933 Plymouth owner here.

Where are you located in "CA" (I assume California rather than Canada)?

Good summary of differences between PC and PD. FWIW, I am the Plymouth Owners Club's technical advisor for the 1933 models. Most of what I've learned I've put on my vanity website at https://www.ply33.com

Worse than that, there were a bunch of running changes, especially on the PC/PCXX.

Hi Tod. Always nice to meet other '33 owners! When I was about to adjust the brakes on the '33 for the first time I did a quick google search and your website came up. Great to have all that info in one place to reference! 

I can only imagine where the running changes can make things quite tricky to ID parts and cars. ?

Yes, I am in California. Right in the heart of Los Angeles, near USC / downtown.