Whistle and Chug

bambamshere

When you retighten  everything, leave the bolts holding the manifolds together finger tight, then tighten the manifold nuts starting in the center and working towards the ends alternating front and back. Do this in about three go arounds, snug, about an half turn more,  then another quarter turn. Do the four holding the manifolds together each time also. Restart the car run to operating temp. Shut off wait till it'till warm but not going to burn you  then check every thing again.  I forget the actual torque specs but around 10 pd ft rings a bell or was it 10 inch  pounds, either way tight but not so tight that keeps stuff from moving a bit when it goes through the heat cycles.

So got everything done yesterday and started it up today. Forgot I needed antifreeze in the engine before I started it. 

Now the chug it still for me at least has it. Friends just tell me to drive it and what ever. Is it just me well not sure there either. I sounds to me while I have my foot in to it it has a chug. Not sure

22 hours ago, bambamshere said:

Oh it probably been on there since Christ was a cowboy. But it probably could do with a new exhaust. Probably not going to happen this year

If you look it over real well with the engine running , you might see that the chug is coming from there .