'49 Second Series Taillights PLYAD What Do They Fit?

JerseyHarold

I have 4 Plymouth taillight lenses marked 'PLYAD' that I've pinned -down to second-series '49 business coupe and/or fastback.  Two of them have a tilted face and the other two don't.   I can't find a part number anywhere on them.   Is flat-face fastback and tiled-face business coupe, or the other way around?  Does a pair consist of one flat-face lens and one tilted face lens?   I've attached pictures that may help.  Any clarification appreciated.

Thanks,

Harold

IMG_6138.JPG

IMG_6135.JPG

IMG_6136.JPG

Edited by JerseyHarold

Those lenses with the tilted faces sure look like the ones that are used on Suburbans.

Has been years since I last last saw one in person though.

DJ

46 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

the all steel Suburban is totally different lens....these are fastback lenses...not sure if they have another app..

Was one side of a fastback have a tilted lens and the other a flat-face lens?  If it did, which side gets what style?

To my untrained eye, it "appears" that the slanted lens are for the Business coupe and the flat faced lens are for the Fastback.

Most of the Suburban photos I saw on the internet showed a reflector in the center of a flat faced lens.  The reflectors on the

Business Coupes and Fastbacks were below the lens, in the chrome lens holder.

1949Business-coupe-1.jpg

1949Fastback-1.jpg

2 minutes ago, wldavis3 said:

To my untrained eye, it "appears" that the slanted lens are for the Business coupe and the flat faced lens are for the Fastback.

Most of the Suburban photos I saw on the internet showed a reflector in the center of a flat faced lens.  The reflectors on the

Business Coupes and Fastbacks were below the lens, in the chrome lens holder.

1949Business-coupe-1.jpg

1949Fastback-1.jpg

Bill,

Thanks for searching out the photos.  The maroon business coupe picture you found clearly shows the tilted-face lenses.  It also looks like the passenger side and driver side lenses have opposite tilts, so both my tilted lenses are for the passenger side.