Wiring in front parking/turn signal light on a 55 dodge truck

Rjpond

Yesterday, I wired up the rear lights and the turn signals, brake lights and  tail lights all function correctly.

Today, I started on the front parking lights. I have three wires: a parking light wire, a left turn wire, and a right turn wire. I purchased, and installed, two new bulb sockets. They have  two contacts and will accept a 6 volt, positive ground, LED bulb #1158.

I connected the left turn signal wire and the parking light wire to the two leads coming from the new drivers side bulb socket. The left  turn signal worked and the left parking light worked perfect. Then, on the passenger side, I hook up the right turn signal wire to one of the leads from the bulb socket and each (left and right) turn signals worked flawless. Next, I ran a jumper wire from the left parking light connection over to the right parking light lead. Now, when I trip the turn signal lever, both the left and the right lights flash simultaneously.

Where did I mess up with my plan???

thanks you for your suggestions 

Scott

I would be looking for power coming out of either park light lead when the turn signal is on, park light jumper disconnected.  Problem in either  one of the lights or in one of the new sockets.

I set an email to the company that I purchased the LED bulbs and they recommended that I try this:

Load Equalizer LED 3 Ohm 6V, 12V & 24V 50 Watt

Load Equalizer LED 3 Ohm 6V, 12V & 24V 50 Watt
Product Code: 78775
Price: $2.49Quantity Pricing Available

Use this 3 Ohm LED Light Load Equalizer to make the turn signal flash at the normal rate. Easy installation with a pair of plyers.

Yep, I tracked my problem down thanks to Dave72dt - it was a poorly secured bulb in the socket. Of course, then I shorted out the bulb reinstalling everything,  so I’m back to ordering another bulb. I did read about the LED flasher unit and included one with my bulb order to save on shipping. Maybe mid week I can get the front lights wires all organized and looking good. 

thank you 

Scott