Hurricane Watch

pflaming

Oh yeah, for the third time since 2014, our place in Minnesott Beach... but that’s what insurance is for. Praying for for the lowlandwrs in New Bern and south of there. They’re just getting rebuilt. Hoping this storm tracks a spaghetti path straight out to sea.

We have friends who live outside New Bern, they missed the last one by about a foot from getting in the house.  Dock was damaged.  Lots of other homes had damage and lots of boats were scatered Al around some still attached to their docks. Many folks still not finished rebuilding after that.

Yup, I'm in Wilmington, NC., right in the path of landfall. We were hit directly last year, w/Florence, the first time in 54 years that happened. Now, again! Impossible, right??! Wrong. We won't know for sure though, until tomorrow just where, and when, and how badly, it'll treat Wilmington. I'm hoping the Jet Stream pushes it out to sea. Its coming here, one way or another, and its just a matter of how powerful it'll be. 

Local guys now saying it prob will pass 15 miles off shore of Wilmington, and we'll only get 65 mph winds, and 10-15 inches of rain. Will hit this area at 2 AM Friday morning. Winds and rain starting Thursday and peaking Friday. Saturday is supposed to be sunny. ?

7 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

it is fortunate that the coastline is being pretty much spared devastation...I am happy for all....as a person who has passed through the eye of a large hurricane...trust me it is not fun nor is the associated recovery afterwards...

This area is still trying to recover for the last hurricane, Florence, twelve months ago. Hundreds of houses still have blue poly tarps on their roofs, thousands of apartments were closed and folks evicted due to mold growth, and downed trees still litter some areas.