Scarebird

Doug&Deb

PER THE RULE OF THUMB rodding guidelines....most all masters with  drums vary from about 5 to 12 lbs.  Most disc brakes outlets from the masters have no residual...why you buy specific master or at least modify them per your need.  If going dual reservoir master front disc and rear drum, you can leave the 10 in place on the rear as it is beneath the exit port and if you are placing this master under the floor then you will need to put a 2 lb to the front calipers anything over and you will have the pads continuing dragging and quick wear, heat, excessive dusting etc etc ....if you go 4 wheel disc and keep the master below the floor the 2 and 2 will apply...

IF  your master you are going to use has screw in adapter for the output to the brakes...the residual, if equipped will under this fitting and pushed into the master exit port itself..this pic may or may not be of help but here it is anyway....this one does not show a line adapter on the master....direct line fit evidently....

154-1105-17-o%2B154-1105-drum-to-disc-brake-swap-plus%2Bresidual-pressure-valve.jpg

Adam's picture is correct for stock master.....most folks upgrading usually go for split system twin reservoir for added safety and why I posted the picture above....as most folks are not aware of the residual valve location on that style master cylinder......SO...…….added note...….if you are retaining the use of your stock master...the residual must come out....else the calipers will not pull away....at that time you will need to plumb to the rear an inline 10lb residual and a 2 lbs residual for the front calipers.....

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

3 hours ago, casper50 said:

Doug as I said I never put any valves on or in my stock MC.  has been working just fine.

I would venture to guess if you are using the stock master in the stock location beneath the floor and did not install a two lb residual that your very vent that is in the corner of your master cylinder fill cap is plugged up and preventing venting else that would lead to gravity flow from the caliper and spongy pedal as a result.....