Chrysler Windsor 1947 convertible visor arms

Phr

Hi

I'm looking for left and right sun visors and arms  for my Chrysler Windsor 1947 convertible

image.png.a73b96419facee6c48617b58caa032ed.png

here is a sample at the seller place !   it disepears during the travel to Belgium !   

any idea where i can buy these parts ?

many thanks

Edited by Phr
change text
  • Like 1

I need them as well and they are very hard to find.  Yes the brackets are on eBay for $100 ea. but that's without the arm and the visor!  Unless you are building a show car you may want to find a close Ford or Chevy substitute for 1/4 the price.  I'm hoping one of the more commonly available cars might have something close enough to use on mine.  Good luck and let us know what you find out.

Jim

9 hours ago, Phr said:

Hi

I'm looking for left and right sun visors and arms  for my Chrysler Windsor 1947 convertible

image.png.a73b96419facee6c48617b58caa032ed.png

here is a sample at the seller place !   it disepears during the travel to Belgium !   

any idea where i can buy these parts ?

many thanks

The visors can be created using thin plywood or masonite board. The brackets look suspiciously like mine, which were the same for pre-war Plymouth woodies, - Chrysler also used the same bracket and arm for Dodge Pilothouse trucks at least through '49. You may want to ask at the Pilothouse Forum. Also Vintage Power Wagons 

https://www.vintagepowerwagons.com might have something. I may have some spares that I got a Hershey a few years ago. I'll check.

Good luck!

IMG_7146.JPG

The visor bracket you are looking for is the same as the visor brackets for the '37-41 DPCD open cars, station wagons and '48 and later Dodge pickups. The 48 pickups are chrome/nickle plated where-as the later models are painted a taupe color.

My '39 Plym conv has  similar visor brackets as what you are looking for. I have a spare set.

• Thanks 1

The 1948-50 Dodge truck chrome mounting brackets have a slightly different drilled hole angle for the visor arm...won't work in the converts.

The car visor will hang down at an angle using a truck bracket..

Been there done that.?

This in regard to 1946-48 Chrysler Convertibles..I have pics of this issue somewhere.

I don't know about what brackets are used on the W series dodge trucks or  late 30's cars with chrome mounting brackets that look similar to the 1941-48 convertible Chrysler cars but.... I have new MoPar mounting visor brackets for the trucks and they will not work on a convert unless you don't care that the visor will drop down 3" when you swing it out. I know there are at least two different types of these visor brackets and different drilled hole positions.

Also the bracket holes can become enlarged through wear or poor re-chrome work.

The Dodge truck chrome  brackets are # 593788 and 789.... a early to mid 30's part#. AMS has these in stock.

The Chrysler 1941-48 convertible  looped  visor arm was sold complete with the mounting bracket part #936365 and #936366

There are different shaped Convertible "looped" visor arms too....be careful to buy the correct parts! A lot of sellers think they have the correct part but maybe not.

1948 C39 T&C  Convertible Visor arms Brackets compared to 1948-50 DT Brackets and arms  (4).JPG

1948 C39 T&C  Convertible Visor arms Brackets compared to 1948-50 DT Brackets and arms  (5).JPG

1948 C39 T&C  Convertible Visor arms Brackets compared to 1948-50 DT Brackets and arms  (21).JPG

1948 C39 T&C  Convertible Visor arms Brackets compared to 1948-50 DT Brackets and arms  (11).JPG

1948 C39 T&C  Convertible Visor arms Brackets compared to 1948-50 DT Brackets and arms  (34).JPG

1948 C39 T&C  Convertible Visor arms Brackets compared to 1948-50 DT Brackets and arms  (17).JPG

Edited by Dodgeb4ya
  • Thanks 1

I looked high and low for almost 15 years for visor brackets for my '39 Plym cnv cpe. Scouting around in an old truck wrecking yard I came upon a '48 Dodge Pilot House truck, looking inside of the cab I almost wet my pants, the sun visors were still attached to the header and the chrome was near purfect. I noted that the bracket did not have the drop loop, however, the bracket was the same as the convertibles. I had a couple of pairs of the '37-39 visors so I harvested the hard-board visor from the bracket, which was very similar to the truck. I cut the visor down to 4-3/8" x 14-1/8". After the visors were covered with leather to match my interior I had a pair of visors that were a perfect fit for my car.

I have built three other sets of visors for the '39-40 Plyms for people that I know have convs. In many cases the visors I built needed new hard board, I purchased Masonite Hard-board, used a heat gun to heat up the original heavy wire staples, which eliminated the possibility of the staples breaking. Attaching the hard-board to the mounting shaft was quite simple.

39 Plym conv.7-14-1.jpg

38-39 plym cnv visor.2.jpg

• Thanks 1