part of current ongoing project...

Plymouthy Adams

came with the purchase I made....rebuilding the package...this is the first completed set of parts that came with the setup....gauge was ripped off both plates, less than half the necessary balls in the cages beneath..broken indicators had to bend cut and weld as needed...BUT..the four lock pins were there, I just upgraded to nicer rings and added some chain...onward and up-ward...tons of work left to do...

IMG_2721.JPG

IMG_2731.JPG

IMG_2733.JPG

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Like 1

Looking great PA .... one question, are those new gages? or did you paint them?

Reason I ask, I see people paint starters and generators and the red tags look like new.

Must take a incredible amount of time to detail these tags. Seems your gages would be almost impossible to paint.

no gauge indicators are supplied remanufactured...my plates had the gauges completely missing from them when I got them else I probably would have attempted repainting them myself.  I will say it took me a long time of searching on the web to find these available and with what else I have to rework with the project, I am happy to pay the few measly dollars as the are relatively inexpensive items....the company has a complete line of alignment equipment parts so you can service your brand name equipment easily yourself if you so inclined.   I also bought a set of nonmarring clamp feet for my Hunter wheel adapters so to protect my allow wheels from scratches.   Got the company earmarked for future needs if they arise.  

On 8/15/2019 at 11:05 AM, Los_Control said:

Looking great PA .... one question, are those new gages? or did you paint them?

Reason I ask, I see people paint starters and generators and the red tags look like new.

Must take a incredible amount of time to detail these tags. Seems your gages would be almost impossible to paint.

my red tags (geni, starter) got repopped from a guy in POLAND!

2 hours ago, ggdad1951 said:

my red tags (geni, starter) got repopped from a guy in POLAND!

That sounds reasonable. I have painted them in the past, they just did not look right to me.

This time around, and for a driver ... I cleaned it with some windex and called it a day.

Then I looked at the starter bolts, screamed like a little girl and ran away!  :D

I did order a starter wrench from ebay yesterday

I apologize to PA for getting off in the weeds in his thread.

Can I ask a question while I have this photo up?

When I bought the truck, the genny wires were disconnected and needed repair, I do not know which post is Arm or field.

I promise to buy a motors or chiltons manual soon, can someone tell me which post is Arm from the photo?

I assume they are somewhat standard wiring config, and I cant tell from the wiring diagram floating around the forum.

IMG_20190820_085217341.jpg

Nice work Tim..

That's one item for my ammco alignment tools  I've never been able to find at the right price and in nice condition...

You cannot buy them online as shipping is insane.

I ended up making a simple set out of 1/2" round stainless plates.

I guess some day will bite the bullet and but a new set Wheel -O- Matics...$1000.00 or more.?

Thank you and yessir...two of them things packed in the same box will make a grown man grunt....these are every bit as heavy as my Hunter turn plates but the Hunters are a bit wide for the welded guides built into the lift.  I make a bit of headway on the lift rebuild project daily.  Past three days have seen me rained out.  I have managed to get a few items in primer in the AM before the evening rains.  I also have been working the lathe and drill press quite a bit.  Just fabricated a jig to be used for the next step in the machine shop.  Keeps me off the street and for the most part out of trouble.   Truck squatting a bit...two rolling bridge jacks in the bed...they 305 lbs each.  

IMG_3027.jpg

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Like 1